Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help for paper patching my 45 caliber muzzle loader please.

Perm-Banned
    i may be wrong but i think it was the american poet henry david thoreau who said, simplify, simplify, simplify, grow beans. i just leave out the beans and try to simplify everything at no cost to the end.

Boolit Master
    Well, I went to get some "freezer" or "butchers" paper and the place that lists in in San Diego has to special order it. The expert in all things paper said since it was "food safe" it had to be kept refrigerated and they stopped doing that. He asked did I have a shop or something and I pulled out a brand new 550 grain bullet and he was amazed that paper would make them shoot! I asked well what about the Mexican markets that sell fresh cut to order meat and then wrap it for you and he said they use "Kraft" paper and pulled out a roll for me......1000 feet for $10 and it is the 40# stuff so the bullets are going to be okay with a single wrap. I did ask, what about the food safe issue and he said these shops only get inspected by "Hispanic" inspectors and they use the same stuff as in Mexico!!??

Well any ways I'll make a template after I take a nap as this paper patching stuff is HARD WORK! Thanks again every one!

Perm-Banned
    let us know how it turns out. its really something that nowhere nebraska has thing every where calif. doesnt. if you where here you could go to our local butcher and get local corn fed steaks like you have never eaten before. they met in your mouth. 4000 ft. above sea level and black angus and corn, that makes a good steak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12