Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noe 311365

Boolit Buddy

Noe 311365

Looking to see if anyone has been loading this bullet in a 308, 30-06 and the 300 BLK Out? Ive casted up about 500 of these half with gc the other half are PB.

These cast out at 215 lubed with gc a little under that for the pb. Sized .310

Thanks

Boolit Master
    I have not had good accuracy with that boolit in .308, 30/06, .300 Whisper, or the .30 Br., and yet the pointed 311332 is good in my Whisper.

Boolit Master
    I have had excellent accuracy in my Mosin Nagants with the 198 gr NOE 311365.
    But I havent tried them in my .308 or -06 yet.
    I have to shoot them As Cast out of my LE.
    But I recently started PC'ing the PB boolits, and Lubed for the GC. (My mold casts both styles.)

I shoot the NOE 311365 in my '03A3. I shoot the GC version at .311 sized just enough to hold the check on and pan lubed with Ben's Red. My best results have been with 16 grains of 2400 and 12 grains of Unique. These are obviously light loads but fun to shoot and easy on me and the rifle. I have been experimenting with some heavier loads of IMR 3031 and H4895 with so far disappointing results. I bought the mold because I liked the look of the boolit and as long as I don't push it too fast it shoots fine for what I do.

Boolit Master
    Using the NOE 311365 in a AR-10 carbine. Best 10 shot groups are 2 MOA using AA4350, at 100 yards. Varget does about the same. AA5477 and SR4759 make shotgun patterns, by the time you get the action to cycle.

Winelover

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks guys, Now I guess I need to get out and load some and shoot. Gonna try them in the 308 with a lite load of unique. Will keep you posted

To get them weighing 215gr, you must have a high percentage of lead in your alloy. My 316 version was only weighing 203gr in the alloy I was attempting to duplicate the 2100fps 1907 Palma load with. With a softer alloy you'll want to keep the velocity and pressure down. I have some of the 316 version sized down to .311 loaded for my Garand. They're a harder alloy, only weigh around 190gr checked and lubed.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    the NOE 311365 shot well in 30-06 Garand with 34 grains IMR 4895 or H-4895 real well was tested in 34 different guns all shot well. I sent bullets to 3 guys at CMP board who =tried them and said they were great.
    And i was #4
    My next step was going to try them in the 91/30 Mosin Nagant wonder what size to size them to and powder charge? it has a very nice barrel

I just got this mold, anyone else have any good recipes

Boolit Master

My favorite NOE mold for my Garand and my Mosin Nagant. I shot my Mosin at our monthly bolt rifle silhouette match with these over 20gr of 2400 (with dacron), and the 500 yard pigs fell one after the other - and the 600 yard Rams got hammered pretty good also. I was very pleased, and it got a lot of attention from the other shooters spending big bucks on fancy J words...

The one secret I do perform on these for rounds intended for long range is that after lube/sizing/gas checking (I size to .310), I'll gently chuck each one base first in a cordless drill and spin them in a piece of steel wool. Not so much to put a polish on the boolits (which it does), but then I can feel any that are slightly bent. That long pointed nose can get easily bent if you are too quick to open the mold - even when water dropping. I usually find one or two out of a hundred that wobble a bit and would possibly cause a miss at distance. Our standard offhand bolt rifle match where the rams are only at 200 yards don't get that treatment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	147987692.fajUYiDg.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	128418

Baja,
    what model mosin and what does your barrel slug at? I bought this for my garands, what load are you running in yours?

Boolit Master

Mine's a 1936 Finnish Hex M28/30 Sako that slugs out to true .308 - No Big 5 special for sure, and the price I paid reflected it...

I worked up the load for my Garand to just above where it would cycle reliably. Turned out to be 35 grains IMR-4895, pretty much in line with everybody else's load, which seem fall between 34 and 36 grains.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	153577374.rOTx20h8.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	128458

what dies are you guys using to seat them? I tried with my reg 06 dies and it was squatting the meplat, haven't tried the rcbs comp dies yet since the boolet wouldn't fit in the guide slider. are you guys using a 30cal m die?

forgot to ad, im full length sizing them with a rcbs comp 3006 die then using the x54 die and just running the expander thru the neck to open it up to 310 then seating the boolet with the standard rcbs 06 die. thinking I might need to open up the seater a little to not flatten the meplat of the noe boolet

Banned

my seating die has a hole in the middle to allow the nose to poke through and it seats on the "ogive" of the bullet.

blamer,
    what seater are you using? mines a rcbs and its stubbing the nose noticibly

Boolit Buddy
    My load for the 308 is 40GR of 4831SC sized .311. I did a lot of testing with this boolit and found I had to drive it hard to get the accuracy. I can consistantly put ten of these into 1MOA at 100 yards with the 40GR load. The light pistol powder charges didn't work for my rifle. I am using a Forster BR seating die.

When I was shooting my 308 and using a BR seater , I had to order an oversize "P Tube", as the .308 one would pull my .310 sized ones back out of the neck enough that the bullet wouldn't chamber.
    NO APPLAUSE......JUST THROW MONEY!

Banned

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    Darrel:

How about sharing your results with this boolit in 308W. IIC you had good results using IMR 4895 in a semi-auto platform but never said what the charge was.

Winelover

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast