Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: MiHec 429640 HP or Solid, 2-Cav or 4-Cav Brass Mold

Boolit Buddy
    I just heard from Miha. He is 70% done machining the blocks. Pins are in the works as well.
    Last edited by wdr2; 12-16-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

Due to a life-changing death in my family, I have asked Miha to remove me from this buy. Anyone wishing to pick up this mold who did not get on the list should contact Miha as there will now be at least one extra mold available (he typically has a few overruns as well).

Boolit Man
    I would be willing to take thor's daddy place on the list if possible, Christmas was coming and I waited too long. His mold was 4 cavity, PB, all pins .432 and that would suit me fine. Thanks
    bzajdek@hotmaildotcom

Boolit Buddy
    Thor's Daddy - sorry for your loss. Take Care.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

Boolit Buddy
    bzajdek - you will need to send this order to Miha via PM.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

Boolit Man
    pm sent thank you

Boolit Master

I have a question.
    When I read that all pins are included, does that include the penta-point also?
    Just wondering.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

I would say no, that penta pins are not going to be on this group buy. They are not listed on the OP. The only thing I read regarding pins was large round small round and black pins.

I wouldn't mind having Penta pins, but I just don't think that is going to be an option.

Brac

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    I want penta pins!
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Buddy
    These are the pins I requested for this group buy:

"HP pins are large round pins (shown in the drawing), small round pins, and *blank pins to cast solids. All pins included.*Blank pins are for casting solids without the hollow point pins projecting from the bottom of the mold when reversed."
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    I know, just like having them on my other MiHec molds. Large, small & blank pins will be fine.
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master

After seeing post concerning included pins, I went back and looked at my pins. I have blank pins and what looks like small round HP pins. No large HP pins. I would have rather had the large pins. In other words I have 2 sets of pins, not the 3 sets described above.

Any suggestions?

Also, there have been some posts questioning the charges. My Paypal account was charged €85. Rough conversion yields $105, which is what the original GB specified for a 2 cavity w/all pins. No complaints from me.
    John
    W.TN

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    After seeing post concerning included pins, I went back and looked at my pins. I have blank pins and what looks like small round HP pins. No large HP pins. I would have rather had the large pins. In other words I have 2 sets of pins, not the 3 sets described above.

Any suggestions?

Also, there have been some posts questioning the charges. My Paypal account was charged €85. Rough conversion yields $105, which is what the original GB specified for a 2 cavity w/all pins. No complaints from me.
    How exactly did you get the mold in this current group buy when the call for payment didn't happen yet?

Sounds like you got a mold from a previous group buy for this design which specified different HP pins.

I pm'ed Miha about the penta pins about a week ago. He said he would look to see if he had a set for me but would not promise anything. Not worried about it, just think they would be cool. I will update if there is any further info.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    How exactly did you get the mold in this current group buy when the call for payment didn't happen yet?

Sounds like you got a mold from a previous group buy for this design which specified different HP pins.
    You're right! I got an email notification of a post for this GB and another at almost the same time for a GB for a .30 caliber 2 cavity mold. I apparently clicked on the wrong link and assumed that I was on the thread for the rifle mold.

I just looked at the packing list and it lists a 4 cavity solid mold. No caliber noted. The date on the packing list is 5.12.2014. Methinks that Miha may be as confused as I am. I'm going back and see what mold the packing list covers. BTW, the packing list shows €85. This just served to continue my confusion.

The only thing I got right was the conversion from euro to dollars. It just didn't apply to either GB.

I'm still looking forward to this mold
    John
    W.TN

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    You're right! I got an email notification of a post for this GB and another at almost the same time for a GB for a .30 caliber 2 cavity mold. I apparently clicked on the wrong link and assumed that I was on the thread for the rifle mold.

I just looked at the packing list and it lists a 4 cavity solid mold. No caliber noted. The date on the packing list is 5.12.2014. Methinks that Miha may be as confused as I am. I'm going back and see what mold the packing list covers. BTW, the packing list shows €85. This just served to continue my confusion.

The only thing I got right was the conversion from euro to dollars. It just didn't apply to either GB.

I'm still looking forward to this mold
    Some solid 4 cavity Solid molds MP only charges $90 but the shipping is usually $20 on a 4 cavity due to weight so the total would be $110 not $105. Maybe his wife was nagging him about something when he was packing it up.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Some solid 4 cavity Solid molds MP only charges $90 but the shipping is usually $20 on a 4 cavity due to weight so the total would be $110 not $105. Maybe his wife was nagging him about something when he was packing it up.
    I resemble that remark!
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    No Paypal invoices are out yet for this mold. The blocks and pins are still in production. Stay tuned...
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

Boolit Master

Man, I hope I didn't kick a bee hive here.
    Maybe I should have asked the question via PM.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    Hickory - this is an exact rerun of a previous group buy. I have tried the penta pins that came with other molds. The penta pins are simply not worth the extra casting effort in my experience. I have found that the round pins cast very easily and perform well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Man, I hope I didn't kick a bee hive here.
    Maybe I should have asked the question via PM.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast