Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go till you run out of gas?

In Remembrance
    South Carolina???? I advize staying somewhere in between and well away from both coasts. I consider the Mighty mississippi the east coast. lol

Starmac....that's hurtful! Most conservative, god-lovin', kind hearted place I've ever lived.... Most pleasant, if you don't mind a bit of warm, swampy weather from time to time!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

In Remembrance
    I know I know, the devil made me do it. lol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    If my back was better I would head for Alaska for sure, nephew called tonight told me to come on up if things get bad. He has a nice 600 acre chunk of land now on a dead end road and 3 neighbors on the same road in. maybe 20 families in a 40 mile radius. If my back was fixed and healed I would have jumped at it but as I sit all I can do is cook, can, reload, teach school to his kids.
    Holy cow! I lived in Alaska for almost 35 years and never knew anyone who owned a chunk of land that big up there.
    Where is the land located?
    East Tennessee

In Remembrance
    Only one area I know of that there would be any reason to own that much land.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    Holy cow! I lived in Alaska for almost 35 years and never knew anyone who owned a chunk of land that big up there.
    I've got a friend that owns a section (640ac) and there are several folks in Delta that own in the thousands of acres. You just lived down here where most of the people are and everyone thinks a horse property is an acre and a half lot....

In Remembrance
    The exact area I am talking about. I know at least one over there that owns or at least controls quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Nevada. Please leave all previous "How we did it back home" at the stateline.
    A big "10-4" on that one Love Life !!!! , thanks
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Master
    Forgot all about the Delta barley guys and their bison's.
    East Tennessee

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Nevada is home for me . You can live it as fast or slow as you want . Avoid the I15,93,95 merge area also known as Clark County, Lost Wages,Sin City and my personal favorite Hell ,and it's a pretty friendly place. The guide of cheap houses /high groceries, high cost houses /cheap groceries is in full display here. I live in an area with dozens of homes available every day for sale in the 60-80s and in 10 minutes your out in the desert to shoot. Shell and Chevron are 3.99 today last Friday I paid 3.10 75 miles east in Fallon. We have a few jobs here but there's no middle job it's great pay w / full pack or you won't starve but you ain't getting ahead.
    Fallon has jobs and housing from 110 up 20 min to free open range shooting and all the essentials. Reno has basic houses at 140 gas is hovering in the 3.30s at the moment and has everything in scale from mom &pop to Cabela's and international flights,35 events every year,but it's 35 miles to the range.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    If we didn't have this piece of paradise here on the Olympic Peninsula, I would be in Nevada as well but never on the south end even though I did so much of my growing up there. North and eastern Nevada are the best and have some of the nicest people around. As Love Life said, leave your "we did it this way back …." at the state line.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    I grew up in No.Calif. and would likely still be there but for "change"..However, a fellow with a patented claim on the upper reaches of the Rubicon,or No.Fork of the American,and enuff $ to pay a packer to shop and deliver necessities would be darn close to paradise on this old earth. Forks of Salmon might do,too, if one just can't live sans motor vehicle(s)... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Moderator Emeritus

Not sure where he is, I have not been up to visit his new place. He was in Anchorage and hated it. I will have to get his address from him. He loves to hunt and they never buy meat, usually have plenty of moose and bear in the freezer. He sent me 5 pounds of moose jerky last year for Christmas and that was some good stuff.

He went in on the land with his brother and sister, they plan on moving up there to retire in 20-30 years and for now will add a cabin on it for vacations. Came with a decent log cabin my Nephew is living in but the rest is pretty wild. I know it is in the interior along a feeder to the Yukon is all. He said no gold worth speaking of so far from panning.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post

Banned

South East Texas to me is as close to heaven as one can get with their soul in the vessel. It has great hunting and fishing, fairly low cost housing and plenty of job opportunities if your willing to work. Where I live at is the Big Thicket federal preserve. Hunting on public land is no issue as long as you will go for registration.

Andy

Boolit Master

Sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side. Not saying to stay or go but look closely at what you have and do a unbiased eval and do you really need to go. Are the challenges you face fixable or not. Just sayin

gmsharps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123