Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Texas and the defensive pistol concealment

Boolit Buddy

The Texas and the defensive pistol concealment

Hello evryone!!!
    INGLESE

it is true that in texas, who carries a gun, he must necessarily see it

???
    I was told today that some friends (italian)

They are called concealed carry permits. Most places (states) it is legal to carry openly (gun is visible) without a permit. The CCW is to allow one to carry concealed.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Leftyie for the explanation

Boolit Master

Texas has concealed carry permits which allow you to carry a firearm hidden from view. This is normally how one would do it.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

In fact, Texas requires that the handgun be concealed, no open carry.

To my knowledge there is no open carry in Illinois either except for police and security officers. Years ago you could(theoretically) walk down the street with a gun on your hip or over your shoulder but times have changed. If nothing else, the police will arrest you for disturbing the peace.

So, "to (keep and) bear arms" you must have a CCW?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    To my knowledge there is no open carry in Illinois either except for police and security officers. Years ago you could(theoretically) walk down the street with a gun on your hip or over your shoulder but times have changed. If nothing else, the police will arrest you for disturbing the peace.

If I lived in Illinois I would have to challenge this. Disturbing the peace? I don't think so. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    If I lived in Illinois I would have to challenge this. Disturbing the peace? I don't think so. Just my opinion.
    I would love to, however what money I have needs to go for reloading supplies, not lawyers.
    Illinois has some strange laws about firearms. For instance, the DNR has stricter rules for transporting guns than the state police do.
    You can do open carry on your own property(theoretically), at least until someone complains, hence the disturbing the peace charge.

Banned
    Would the NRA jump in and lend a helping hand ? They have lawyers and we pay the dues.

Doubtful. Right now they are more concerned with winning seats in congress than removing improperly restrictive laws.
    At least we now have concealed carry available as an option. Apparently it is a case of if you can't see it, it doesn't bother anyone.

I live in a small town. We only have a police force part of the time( no full time officers). During the off times the county provides services.
    When seconds count, the police are only 20-30 minutes away.
    You have to take care of your problems yourself.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Would the NRA jump in and lend a helping hand ? They have lawyers and we pay the dues.
    No they would not but you might want to take a look at:

http://www.carrydefense.com/

\
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    I would love to, however what money I have needs to go for reloading supplies, not lawyers.
    Illinois has some strange laws about firearms. For instance, the DNR has stricter rules for transporting guns than the state police do.
    You can do open carry on your own property(theoretically), at least until someone complains, hence the disturbing the peace charge.
    many jurisdictions in Wisconsin tried to charge with disturbing the peace , they lost a lot of money in the lawsuits , you have to beat them up with big settlements before they finally give in , you create the perfect storm , IE guy planting a tree in his front lawn on earth day with a openly carried gun , he wears a digital voice recorder , and runs through the court and beats the charge first then , sues the city

they very carefully and follow the exact letter of the law

Thank You Wisconsin Carry Inc.

their efforts got us very close to constitutional carry , when the constitutional carry bill was made a concealed carry license that is very easy to obtain shall issue at a very reasonable 40 dollars for 5 years first time and 25 dollar 5 year renewal, It was a long time in coming but as far as CCL go it is close to the best around in the states with it

Boolit Grand Master

In Virginia open carry is legal. You need a permit for concealed carry.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    Open carry is no longer lawful in the People's Republic of California. The Hyper Hoplophobes in River City reacted predictably to the open carry enthusiasts who went strongly public over this issue, and the practice was disallowed as of 01-01-13 (I think.....maybe 2014). Idiotic, but that is a salient feature of California government--where all things not prohibited are mandatory.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

I personally think it is time for the Feds (Read that enforced by the ATF) to over ride all state gun laws and standardize them so people can move freely between states without fear of violating some frigging law you don't even know about.

Obviously this would result in slightly more restrictive laws than in some states and obviously less restrictive laws than in states like MA, NY, IL, CA, etc.

I don't think the states should be able to circumvent any Bill of Rights Ammendments with more restrictive local or statewide ordinances.

If the locals can make gun laws, then they can make Speech Laws too, and it really opens it up to idiot local politicians doing what they think is right. We are seeing more and more of this nowadays, and it all needs to stop.

Once the nationwide gun laws were passed, and the current Federal Laws are already pretty much where they need to be, the law would be set in stone and require a 2/3 majority vote in both houses and review by the Supreme Court to modify the law in any way. Almost like an Amendment to the Constitution except this would like be a "Change to the Amendment." This would extend to all 10 Bill of Rights Amendments, and would require the Feds and State Govts. to adhere to the Constitution instead of some cockamamie iteration put out by some local Kangaroo Court or local politician.

On Local Issues I don't care what you do. On Bill of Rights issues they need to be standardized so everyone can understand and follow the law of the land.

Notice how Free Speech is now starting to come under fire with Political Correctness driving local laws to restrict your speech to what is "comfortable" for the sheep in our society to swallow.

With this President and his entourage of Far Left Liberals and Dependents essentially running the show for the last 6 years this country has fallen a significant amount towards Second best in the world.

We are no longer feared,,, and that is NOT a good thing, as it makes us more vulnerable!

Will they ever learn? I think not.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 10-15-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I would agree to that except I don't trust the current administration (federal or state)to enforce any law they don't like or would like to see changed.
    They have a habit of doing"administrative adjustments" to laws. Basically the bureaucrats "interpret" the law as they wish it to be and make their own rules accordingly. By the time the rules get challenged up the court system, the damage has already been done.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Even where legal, open carry is not a good idea.

It "scares the natives", attracts unwanted attention and can make you a target.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Even where legal, open carry is not a good idea.

It "scares the natives", attracts unwanted attention and can make you a target.
    Ditto. In Ct a permit is required , called a concealed carry permit, but it is legally required for transportation of a handgun. This sounds crappy BUT it means that everyone who is a non offender can get a concealed carry permit.

Some folks are pushing open carry and do so with their CC permit. I personally don't think it is such a hot idea. It gets non gun folks upset or otherwise and does no good to the gun community at large.

If it's currently ok in your locale, God bless you. At least people there are used to it.

In Illinois we have a Firearm Owners ID card(FOID). Required to own, purchase, or carry a firearm or ammunition in the state. They don't require that guns be registered, just the owners. Background checks are required for all purchases except private transfers. Not sure what the rules are for out of state people.
    The concealed carry permit is a recent law not fully implemented yet in my opinion. Lots of people took the classes and paid all the fees but still have not received their card yet. They seem to be releasing them in batches. No other state's CC permits are recognized here.
    As far as open carry, most of the people in this state would freak out. Too many people in large towns have no experience with guns and therefore feel they are all evil. All they hear about are gang members shooting every one and feel that is all they must be good for. They fear what they don't understand.
    I wish there was a way to require everyone to be familiar with firearms on at least a basic level so there wouldn't be so much misinformation out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast