Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 308 Suppressor for Cast Boolits

Boolit Master

The scorpion S30 in Ti sounds like a pretty sweet and light can. While not as effective as the "king" it's smaller and still rated for 308. Gonna have to look into those.

I hadn't heard of Lane before. Thanks for the advice!
    Last edited by petroid; 10-14-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Boolit Master
    Some of y'all here are gonna cost me money, again. You all have me thinking it's time to start looking for my next can.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lonegun1894 View Post
    Some of y'all here are gonna cost me money, again. You all have me thinking it's time to start looking for my next can.
    Sounds like suppressors may be as addictive as casting

Boolit Master
    I don't have as many cans as molds, but well, I'm starting to think suppressors are kinda like casting and TC Contenders and H&R Hani-rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by petroid View Post
    Sounds like suppressors may be as addictive as casting
    or just shooting in general - once you get your first the rest seem so easy

I'm just glad that they have a long wait period instead of walk out the door or I'd probably have more.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post

I'm just glad that they have a long wait period instead of walk out the door or I'd probably have more.
    It just gives you time to save up and pick a good one!

Boolit Master
    I have the Thompson Machine Thirty that I shoot cast 300 Blackout through. I can't really tell you how quiet it is as compared to other 30 caliber cans because it's the only one I've ever heard. I can tell you that being able to clean it is essential because shooting plain based lubed bullets will fill it up with crud very quickly.

I can say that build quality is very good and it's a rugged beast. Not a lightweight can by any means, but the weight on the muzzle makes it really easy to open the action on my Handi-Rifle.

When I get some spare time I'm going to make an adapter to use it on my 22 rifle.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

I think the adapters are cheap enough they're not worth making unless you just like to play around on a lathe. I PC or hi-tek coat my boolits and I've heard they don't foul suppressors as much.

Boolit Master

If suppressors didn't have such an arduous process and long wait time, I think many more people would own them. In several other countries, they are not restricted and are encouraged as a means to prevent noise pollution and hearing damage. I have shot many thousands of unsuppressed rounds before ever using a suppressor and after using one it is like night and day. Granted it is somewhat cumbersome on a handgun or if shooting a rifle offhand, but the lack of muzzle blast even on supersonic rounds makes it much more enjoyable. I have only used one on rimfires and pistols at a small indoor range and the concussion is usually so severe that I don't enjoy myself, but this was a pleasurable experience.

Boolit Buddy
    My experience with the huntertown 7.62 ak are less than exceptable. I got one for my 300 blackout, best I will say is that it is very loud almost not hearing safe. After being told that the 7.62ak was what to get now I'm told they are only designed to be hearing safe and if I had wanted any thing quieter I should have gotten their 9mm, all this from hunter town. About the only thing good I can say about them is that they are user serviceable. I think one main reason they are louder is the diameter of the baffels and exit cap. They have a larger hole to prevent baffel and end cap strikes. You can drop a 223 case completely thru the can. Best thing I can say is that they are cheap, next time I'll spend more. One other thing is that they are very heavy. Pro's, cheap, serviceable and supposed to have a lifetime warranty. Con's, heavy, loud. Just my 2 cents.

Boolit Master

AMEN!! Me too. Once I shot with a suppressor I couldn't believe I had waited so long to take the plunge. I literally dislike shooting without one now.

Boolit Master

Well, the wait is over! My SOT called and my tax stamp came in! Going to pick up my Mystic tomorrow. Just in time for hunting season. Not sure if I'll use it on opening day seeing as I won't have a chance to recheck the zero with the suppressor, but if its a slow opener, I might just find a place to put a few rounds downrange and test the POI shift. Then I can decide if I should rezero or just use a different hold. I doubt I get any sleep tonight.

Congratulations, give us a report of your experience with it.
    You'll have an impact shift, I have not seen one yet that didn't effect the POI some.
    on my ruger mk2 I have a red dot sighted in with subsonic ammo and suppressor mounted and iron sights regulated for high speed without suppressor.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Master
    How long was the wait? Just asking casue they seem to vary by quite a bit, with some being VERY quick, as in a few days, and the majority being LOOOOOONG MOOOOONTHS.

Boolit Master

I submitted my papers late march so just under 8 mos. if I had a trust or LLC I could have efiled and probably gotten it sooner but oh well. Omw to pick up now

Boolit Master
    That's about the same time frame as my last one, and I used a Trust. I was hoping it was getting quicker. Thanks for the update.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by petroid View Post
    I submitted my papers late march so just under 8 mos. if I had a trust or LLC I could have efiled and probably gotten it sooner but oh well. Omw to pick up now
    E-file form 4's has been down since April 2014.
    Its paper apps (form 3 and 4) till they get the new system up and running sometime next year
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    E-file form 4's has been down since April 2014.
    Its paper apps (form 3 and 4) till they get the new system up and running sometime next year
    This is true, now. When I filed, e-file was still operating and people I know who efiled at about the same time I filed got their approvals much faster

not really about cast bullet suppressor but interesting for suppressor owners
    Flash suppression or enhancement...
    je suis charlie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast