RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Glock 19 Gen 4

Banned

Glock 19 Gen 4

I picked up a Gen 4 Glock 19 yesterday for the old lady to use for her carry gun. We went out today and shot a few rounds through it. I have some very good loads for my compact cz75. They were really accurate in the Glock, but, they would not cycle 100%. More like 50%. I have shot these in a Gen 3 and never had any problems with it cycling. The new gen4 has a new 2 piece recoil spring. I am thinking that this may be the reason for it short stroking. Even the factory rounds would just dribble out of the gun.

Does anyone here have any experience with the new Gen 4 Glocks in 9mm? Loaded up some more 124 hp Mihec tonight with 3.9gr of bullseye. I am going to try them out tomorrow.

Boolit Bub

Tomme ive had mine for about a year and have had no trouble with it. Mostly 115 and 124 gr. jacketed with blue dot or aa7. Been powder coating the lee 120 gr lee 102 rn and rcbs 90 gr. rn on top of unique and they have all been running just fine. My wife likes this gun quite a bit and shoots it real good. Fits her hands good.

Boolit Buddy

I bought a gen 4 g34 15 months ago. Zero issues. Factory or reloads

Banned

One thing I was wondering about was the Mihec 124gr HP mold was the bearing surface on the bullet is small. They have always seemed to shoot softer than other designs I have used for the same weight. I might just have to load them up at +P to make sure they work. I want to use these for her carry loads. For right now she is going to keep carrying her 380 till I get this figured out.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Yes, I have one. They do like ammo on the stronger side, mine loosened up after 300 rounds or so. My 19 prefers ammo with a 120-124 grain bullet at around 1000 fps. Great accuracy, sure function, and the empties all land about 4 feet away. Are you presently using boolits in it? Both my Glocks are very accurate with boolits at lower velocity but it falls away above ~975 fps or so. I use a Storm Lake barrel in the 19 and love it. Haven't gotten the 26 straightened out just yet.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Banned

Both lead and jacketed. The jacketed was CCI 115gr FMJ. They seem to be hotter than most other fmj factory. It was just throwing them just past my hands. Same way with my loads. My loads shot way better than the CCI ones. All felt really weak. Just wondering if it was because of the dual rate dual springs? It felt like shooting a 22 rf pistol it was so light. Even the CCI

Have one. Factory barrel shoots boolits very well, better than the lone wolf barrel. Lee 120 grn. tc is good but the best has been Lee 125 rnfp over power pistol. Seating depth is crucial. the little sucker will really group with loads it likes.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

When they're new they have a bit grease in the slide ways. I'd clean it apply some light grease and a drop of oil on the spring and proceed to shoot about 300 rounds though it. I'm guessing it is new? It should loosen up and be fine. I shoot 124s in mine too.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Gen 4 9mm are notorious for not liking "light loads"
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...