Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.5 Carcano Mold?

Boolit Buddy

I have recently purchased a NOE 269163 mould and it is dropping .270 WW lead. It is working well with several differant loads.
    "Well Stanley, here's another nice mess you got me into!" Oliver Hardy

Boolit Master

creeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaakkkkkk!

Opening the casket to update that my search for a middleweight 6.5 mold has concluded. I just found a Lyman two-cavity mould on Ebay that is cut for their 266455 and their 320366 bullets. It was a buy-now auction and I literally stopped working at the office and made the purchase and then sat down here to update the thread (after a very long time) I'll use the 320366 mold in my 1888 German Commission Rifle so it will be put to good use. I currently use a Herters Copy of that mold sized down to .316 for my T99 Arisaka and a well-used No4 Enfield.

So now, I have Ideal/Lyman 6.5 molds in 103gr, 127gr and 140gr to provide bullets in the proper weights for my 6.5 Grendel, 260 Rem, 6.5 Arisaka and 6.5x55 chambered rifles. I'm looking to use this as the "Heavy" bullet for my Grendel and my standard-weight bullet for the other rifles.

The last 6.5 mold that I look to attempt to find would be a 170gr Cruise Missile for the Swede but with all the issues reported with this mold, I may never add this one to my stash of molds. I do have a 7mm 150gr Loeverin Mold that I size down to .269 for my Arisaka rifles that really shoots too well to be put away at the moment and I may see how it shoots in the Swede first.
    Last edited by bruce drake; 05-18-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Scribe View Post
    I have recently purchased a NOE 269163 mould and it is dropping .270 WW lead. It is working well with several differant loads.
    let me open this casket again. been having no luck with my NOE 269163 mould. it is droppping at .270 and i resized to .269
    what loads are you using to get good results. I have been getting lots of keyholing so far with IMR4895.

Dak

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.5 Bullet Moulds.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	270914As the thread is up and running again, I use a cut down 170gn Lee cruise missile from Midsouth for my M91 gain twist Carcano.

The 170gn version key-holed every time

I removed the bottom lube groove and it now casts 150gn at .270 dia.

I fix the gas checks with Lok-tite and load as cast.

The bullet flies straight with no `tail out`problems.
    ukrifleman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12