RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wet tumbler formulas

Quote Originally Posted by gunoil View Post
    lemishine, dawn. My ss media turns at 500rpm. Do batches every 10mins, rinse in really hot water and throw out on a beach towel in spare room. I stay 1000 ahead on the pistol brass.

Decap a pile real quick: deticated lee loadmaster decap monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThMYhaZ-bMM

I built one of these, l enjoy prepping brass with extra stages to feed 1050.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_FpiTzVYP8
    How is it that the centrifugal force does not just lodge the cases in a lump in on spot of the drum at that high an rpm? My tumbler's drum rotates at 46 rpm, which allows the cases to be constantly rolling to the bottom of the drum, thus scrubbing against the pins. If 500 rpm is the correct rpm, I'm guessing that you have some sort of mechanical agitation mechanism rather than depending on gravity to pull the cases and pins to the bottom of the drum. A picture, or better yet a video of your system would be most enlightening.
    There is some ammo and more ammo. There is never enough ammo!

Great idea with the wash and wax! I will have to give that a go next time I tumble! Geeze I see now that I have been putting in way too much dawn and LemiShine.... And the towel in the squirrel cage is brilliant...

In addition to the speed issue, the Thumler's tumbler, Model B, has an octagon shaped drum with flat sides to assure constant tumbling of the contents.

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range
    I have a frankford arsenal rotary,i use a teaspoon of lemi shine I use warm water the lemi dissolves better in warm water, on the dawn soap use a couple of drops per gal of water. the first time I ran a load I used about table spoon of dawn it was way to much had to really rinse them for ever. on the citric acid I used to clean brass by soaking it in it. I used to make it by dissolving it in hot water it didn't dissolve well in cold water. after it was made up it would work well cold or hot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123