Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: MiHec 429244 penta HP range report

MiHec 429244 penta HP range report

Howdy

This is my first Miha mold, and my first brass and also Cramer hp mold. That sucker is heavy but compared to my 44 devistator mold it sure cranks em out! The brass 4 cav seemed to hold heat really well. Once it started making good ones they started frosting pretty quickly and I turned down my pot a couple times. I didn't have any trouble keeping the pins hot and the sprue plate didn't want to overheat casting at a moderate speed. The boolits dropped really easily.

I'm shooting a newer stainless 7.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk so I might be a little on the brave side with my load- I would start lower with a weaker gun. The other variable is that I wanted to use H-110 which doesn't like much more or less than a full case.

I loaded up a box of 50 of the pentagonal HPs. They came in at 238 grains dressed with hornady gas checks and moly lube. I used cci magnum primers and 24.4 grains H-110.

I mostly just wanted to get my first batch out of the muzzle before doing any testing but these suckers did 2" at 25 without a rest. I'm really happy with these boolits!

Boolit Buddy
    Try using standard primers instead of magnums and I bet your group size tightens up.

Quote Originally Posted by Radarsonwheels View Post
    Howdy

This is my first Miha mold, and my first brass and also Cramer hp mold. That sucker is heavy but compared to my 44 devistator mold it sure cranks em out! The brass 4 cav seemed to hold heat really well. Once it started making good ones they started frosting pretty quickly and I turned down my pot a couple times. I didn't have any trouble keeping the pins hot and the sprue plate didn't want to overheat casting at a moderate speed. The boolits dropped really easily.

I'm shooting a newer stainless 7.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk so I might be a little on the brave side with my load- I would start lower with a weaker gun. The other variable is that I wanted to use H-110 which doesn't like much more or less than a full case.

I loaded up a box of 50 of the pentagonal HPs. They came in at 238 grains dressed with hornady gas checks and moly lube. I used cci magnum primers and 24.4 grains H-110.

I mostly just wanted to get my first batch out of the muzzle before doing any testing but these suckers did 2" at 25 without a rest. I'm really happy with these boolits!
    Moly lube? Homemade or..

Naah Lyman lube that comes in a tube. I have some bullshop nasa next in line to fill the lubesizer.

I'll try non-mag primers but I don't know if I can shoot a pistol any better- 2" is a good day for me!