Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: !!!Read This First - Post Your Questions Here!!!

Why not just press them back out for reuse??? You don't have to slam the deprimer hard into it, just press gently til it falls out.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    I actually gently tapped out a few live primers and none fired on me.

Boolit Master

Questions about paper patching. I have a 303 British that I just acquired. I slugs at .3155. My NOE mold drops at .3145. Has one cavity GC and one PB. The only sir die I can find close to my desired diameter is .314. I can try as cast but then I am limited to the PB. I could hone the size die to .316 but I was also considering ESPC after sizing(with GC) to increase the diameter or would paper patching be a better route to go? I have never done any paper patching but from what I have read here on the forum it seems like a fairly easy procedure. All comments appreciated.

retread

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by big bore 99 View Post
    I actually gently tapped out a few live primers and none fired on me.
    It's not whether you can remove the primers without firing them, but rather whether you trust that recovered primer enough to reuse it. I don't know if the decapping pin has damaged the anvil in the primer, so I don't reuse them. But, I figure I might as well make a bang while disposing of the primer, so I hit it with a hammer while it sits on an anvil.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Questions about paper patching. I have a 303 British that I just acquired. I slugs at .3155. My NOE mold drops at .3145. Has one cavity GC and one PB. The only sir die I can find close to my desired diameter is .314. I can try as cast but then I am limited to the PB. I could hone the size die to .316 but I was also considering ESPC after sizing(with GC) to increase the diameter or would paper patching be a better route to go? I have never done any paper patching but from what I have read here on the forum it seems like a fairly easy procedure. All comments appreciated.

retread
    Paper Patching would be much cheaper to start with and in the long term but powder coating (ESPC) is a simple set up, spray, bake, size and shoot. As you may already know there is a section dedicated to both Paper Patching and Powder Coating.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Mold

zinc bullets

Has anyone cast and shot cast bullets made from zinc wheel weights? I just cast some .44's from zinc w/w they look good weight from lyman 429244 mold runs around 154gn. lead ww run around 248gn. I ran them through lubesizer and pushed one through barrel didn't seem like any problems. I know they will be hard but for plinking they look as if they will work. Does anyone have any experience with this? If it works I'll have more than enough zinc w/ws.
    Thanks

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by al53moy View Post
    Has anyone cast and shot cast bullets made from zinc wheel weights? I just cast some .44's from zinc w/w they look good weight from lyman 429244 mold runs around 154gn. lead ww run around 248gn. I ran them through lubesizer and pushed one through barrel didn't seem like any problems. I know they will be hard but for plinking they look as if they will work. Does anyone have any experience with this? If it works I'll have more than enough zinc w/ws.
    Thanks
    Our google custom search works very well.
    My search turned up LOTS of good threads.
    Here are some.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...l=1#post814403

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...c-boolit-mould

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...sting-vibrater

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...s-range-report

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...re-than-copper

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...uminum-bullets
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Being a newbie here, is there any listing of what the different abbreviations represent? Some I can figure out, but there are others that I don’t have a clue.

Thanks,

Jerry

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hawks Feather View Post
    Being a newbie here, is there any listing of what the different abbreviations represent? Some I can figure out, but there are others that I don’t have a clue.

Thanks,

Jerry
    Try this; http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-on-This-Forum
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

62chevy,

Thanks! That is just what I need.

Jerry

Boolit Bub
    How do you delete pics from your "file" after using them?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by catman81056 View Post
    How do you delete pics from your "file" after using them?
    Depends upon what you mean by "file".

If you are talking about "attachments", there is an link under the UserCP to get there and then you click on the check box on the right side of the page and the delete button on the bottom of the page.

But do you really want to do that? If you have any posts that use those images, you will make it more difficult for someone coming later to understand what you might be referring to in the text related to that image since the image will no longer exist.

Boolit Bub
    I went to the miscellaneous file and clicked on the attachments button. It took me to a page that has the post's I used the pics in but it doesn't offer a delete button.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/prof...ditattachments
    Last edited by catman81056; 07-04-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

I went to the miscellaneous file and clicked on the attachments button. It took me to a page that has the post's I used the pics in but it doesn't offer a delete button.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/prof...ditattachments
    That's it.
    Just click on the small square in the upper left corner to select.
    then click on "delete selected" option lower left, below the list.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

Boolit Bub
    That's the problem, when I go to that page there is no square or box to select.

Boolit Bub
    Also when I edit a post I can change the letters but when I click save nothing happens.

Boolit Master

Also when I edit a post I can change the letters but when I click save nothing happens.
    What O/S and browser are you using?

I've found a lot of web pages have problems if you are using a non-Windoze machine. Some are particularly unfriendly to touch screen systems.

Moderator Emeritus

Yep, sounds like device or software clash. Sorry, I can't help with that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boolit Master

I use Linux and Iceweasel with no problems but my wife has problems with her iPad Mini.
    Lead bullets Matter

Whats up with the chatroom?
    Blessed be the lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast