Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataPBcastco
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!Read This First - Post Your Questions Here!!!

Boolit Bub
    Ok is a lyman 311291 considered boar riding. Wayne h

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    To ride a boar you just grab him by the ears, dig in your spurs and hang on!!!!!!!

Boolit Bub
    Ok this sou nds like fun, now back to my question. Wayne h

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne h View Post
    What is a boar riding boolit. Wayne h
    boar = male swine
    bore = top of lands in a barrel

A bore riding boolit has the nose section touching or engraving lightly on top of the lands in the barrel. As far as your original question, the others have taken care of that.

Boolit Master

In the 30 calibers, the Lyman 311041, 311291 or 311299 shoot very well. While the 311041 and 311291 are not "bore rider" or "tapered" bullets, or any other trick shape, they shoot well and sometimes wonderfully in 30 caliber rifles, and have done so for about a hundred years.

from
    http://www.lasc.us/brennan_2-0_moldselectiondesign.htm

NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for your to the point answer as i was looking for a bore riding lyman mold number. Now to find a 311299 mold

Boolit Master

How do you Beagle a mould?

How do you "Beagle a Mould"?

The answer is on castpics.net

http://www.castpics.net/subsite2/MoldMods/BDE.pdf

PDF of the original "how to beagle a mould" Mould Enlargement article.

Fom John Goins, AKA Beagle.

This might make a good FAQ.

- Bullwolf

I would highly recommend slugging your bore, and a NOE mold 311299 or 312299, depending on the size of your slug.

Boolit Master

attachments

when I click on the manage attachments button the browse doesn't show up for me to choose a picture, why?

Boolit Master
    It may be because the dialog box to insert image is set "from URL" (at the top of the box) Just click on "from computer", then the browse button should show.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingFool View Post
    It may be because the dialog box to insert image is set "from URL" (at the top of the box) Just click on "from computer", then the browse button should show.
    Your my hero today! It was set on url not from my computer. Thanks for the help, Bert

Boolit Master
    "What The Flux?" How about this thread for the FAQ section: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ect-of-fluxing
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    In the 30 calibers, the Lyman 311041, 311291 or 311299 shoot very well. While the 311041 and 311291 are not "bore rider" or "tapered" bullets, or any other trick shape, they shoot well and sometimes wonderfully in 30 caliber rifles, and have done so for about a hundred years.

from
    http://www.lasc.us/brennan_2-0_moldselectiondesign.htm

Not my only point of question for Mr. Brennan.......if Lyman #311291 is NOT a bore rider design, how would you classify it?
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master

I think 311041-291-299 are all bore riders, they all have nose sections of .300-.301. So I too question JB's statement?
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Bub

Printing parts of posts and parts of the LASC info

Hi
    I don't do many posts because I am usually able to find answers to my questions.
    However, I have not found a way to print partial threads and parts of the LASC references.
    I don't want to print the entire page/s as it has stuff I don't want to print out and put on the wall.
    I only want part of the LASC info and parts of the answers to the original question/thread.
    For example. A question is asked, then someone replies in a very informative way, the other posts
    are "good one", "Thanks for the info" and so on. I only want to print the informative part.
    So, how do I do that? Thanks in advance.
    P.S. I don't know if this is the right area for this question but I had to put it somewhere.

Boolit Master

The only way I know how to do it is with copy and paste. Highlight what you want to copy and press Ctrl and c at the same time. Open a word processor and past it there. could be other ways too.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Bub

62chevy
    thanks. I tried that before and it didn't work, I had unusable garbage on the page.
    I tried it again and this time it worked, how 'bout that, computers. I highlighted what I wanted then just did "copy",
    minimized the page, then I opened "word" and then pasted it. I didn't do the CTRL C though.
    Computers still baffle me, at times, after 40 + years in the technical field.

Boolit Master

Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Buddy

Question Pouring lead.......??

What is the Paul Jones method of casting?
    Last edited by Knarley; 02-23-2015 at 07:14 AM.

Powder coating over lubing?

I have been reading up on Powder Coating Boolits as opposed to Lubing them. From the research I have done it appears Powder coating would be quicker, cheaper and overall better for barrel leading and velocity. Some say with the powder coating a boolit can be run almost as fast as J word due to the coat acting like a jacket. It has also been said that Lead hardness is not as much a factor and much softer leads can be used. OPINIONS on who uses powder over lubing? Again this has been covered to death but this is more of a poll on who uses it over lube.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast