Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Wideners
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: !!!Read This First - Post Your Questions Here!!!

Were you perhaps a Team Boolits member and that was what was expiring?
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    Nope.
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by pricedo View Post
    Haven't signed on or posted for a while.
    Encountered above message after signing in.
    Is there a mandatory subscription fee now?
    Not sure what that is about. You shouldn’t be receiving a notice like that unless you had previously signed up for a Team Boolits subscription.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Mold
    Can you size .458 to .452 and 358 to 355? would solve a lot of issues for the 350 legend and the 450 bushmaster without buying new molds? what genius it takes to build rifles that are pistol diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by lcshantz@centurylink.net View Post
    Can you size .458 to .452 and 358 to 355? would solve a lot of issues for the 350 legend and the 450 bushmaster without buying new molds? what genius it takes to build rifles that are pistol diameter.
    Yes i dont know if ya can on a lubersizer but you can on the lee sizers but yore lube grooves will be shallower
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Can I change my handle/name without losing everything?

Probably a strange question but I have my reasons.
    If your mind goes blank don't forget to turn off the sound!

Boolit Mold
    Can anyone find primers?

I am having trouble using the shake and bake method to PC my boolits. Using Powdercoatstore.com powder. Does cold ambient temperature effect the static charge.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rico1791 View Post
    I am having trouble using the shake and bake method to PC my boolits. Using Powdercoatstore.com powder. Does cold ambient temperature effect the static charge.

Temp no but several other things will like humidity, type of powder coat and the container can affect the outcome. Keep in mind powder coating was made to be sprayed on with one side negative and the other positive. High gloss coatings work best with Shack and Bake.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Mold

Powder Coating

If I’m using WW’s and powder coat them do I still have to use linotype?
    Ps. Just started doing this haven’t even casted my first boolit

Boolit Bub
    I use WW only for 9's, 40sw, 45acp, 454 W GC all PC'd pushed through sizing die .

Boolit Mold
    What about 357 and 38 also do you push through sizing die before or after PCing
    Last edited by YungJus; 04-06-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Just to make clear on WW., is just the clip on type.. no stick on's.. I make separate ingots and label. The 9 40 45 are air cooled, PC'd, in shake and bake in a basket I made to fit toaster oven @ 400 for 15min or there abouts and dumped on counter and separated (smack down) to separate some that still clinging together, then Pushed through sized. 300gr. 454 Casull are water quinched from mold, PC'd on tray with baking parchment, dumped in water after cooking, GC installed and then sized (Same Day as they will become very hard) use a touch imperial on fingers when run through sizer, I run them at 1600fps in a ruger, I would not hesitate on a 357 but would read up what others say with your particular weapon! I run 4 different 45acp's with my same load. I use a HTC mold from NOE, for the 45's and are slick side, (no lube grove) for PC bullits. I did get some smearing in the barrels but I ran a hundred or so. May have been they were new 1911's, I carry a light and swab with a chore boy wraped to clean out if i get barrel fouling (quick and super easy to clean), and check often.

Boolit Mold
    Ima be real I understood very little of that my dad is giving me his ruger sp 101 and I want to start reloading and casting for it I thought 357 would be best but now you’ve got me interested in all this customization also I did not know that I could run 45 in a ruger I was under the assumption that 38 spc and 357 mag were it

Boolit Mold
    I feel like this thread has opened up a world of fun

Boolit Mold
    I have just found that I cannot run 45 but I can run 9

Boolit Mold
    Update on this question I have learned what I needed about your post I understand what I must do I appreciate this page thank you for your service

Boolit Bub
    If you look on ytube for elvis ammo, fortune cookie, full lead taco, they all are into PC stuff and can help a bunch also.. I have a couple lube sizers from old neighbors that have passed and I got into casting to try out and went straight to PC'd and have great luck, and it's cheap! My son built me a snail bullet trap an can recycle my lead so I'll virtually never run out even though I have many hundred lbs of WW. Best savings are the casull bullets by far $$.. Also roto metals has different lead alloys for sale and good articles on alloying. Learn about sizing
    for your barrel also helps a bunch.. Good luck to ya!

Boolit Mold
    Can I cast 308 with WW and powder coating or do I need to use something else

Boolit Bub
    I'm sure it's been done, I don't have any experience or advice on that, but I will probably do my research and get into it someday for the 308 AR platform!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast