WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 rimfire production facility

Boolit Master

I understand the concept of "profit".
    I work in an industry where the machinery is no longer in existence in the US. I think that is so with rimfire ammo manufacture.
    Ammo companies no longer build Stock. Notice limited runs of certain ammo and cases. 35 rem as an example.
    Supply and demand.
    Increase demand by limiting supply. And not having a stock/storage problem. Am I saying there is NO stock, not in the least. Am I saying that there is LESS stock, yes I am. Product in storage is not bringing in $Money$.

Boolit Grand Master

Blame inventory tax for lack of stock. When you have to pay money for stock in your warehouse at the end of the fiscal year there is a big incentive to not have any.

Boolit Master

If rather than "blame the customer", the manufacturers laid their cards on the table and told us truthfully what business model they're following, I might, perhaps, have some sympathy.

Here's my business model. NO NEW RIMFIRES. Not ONE more until l am personally satisfied that the pipeline is full. I'm going to make the gun manufacturers my allies whether they like it or not.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I love these threads. So many comments from people that have no clue how to run a business. So many tin foil hats tightly wound. There is no conspiracy behind the shortage. They aren't keeping 22 in short supply to stop new shooters. This has got to be one of the most idiotic theories I've heard over the last few years. The current companies are out to make a PROFIT. They don't do this by creating a shortage and less people to buy their products in the future.

Bravo !! and I agree.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Texantothecore View Post
    The reason prices are so high is that people are still buying them. Once the buying stops the price will drop. Simple.
    There's some logic that is sound & defensible. No conspiracy theory. No evil corporate motive. No "behind the scenes grand government plan". No use of the nebulous term "They" and no tin foil hats.

THANK YOU

Boolit Buddy
    For those that lament scalper's prices, the only cure is to refuse to pay scalper's prices. They are in it for the profit, no profit = no scalping; perhaps even dumping their 'inventory' at closer to honest retail prices.

Refuse to be scalped.

Boolit Master

Around here,I have seen, the prices drop from around 90 bucks to around 30 bucks a brick.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monadnock#5 View Post
    If rather than "blame the customer", the manufacturers laid their cards on the table and told us truthfully what business model they're following, I might, perhaps, have some sympathy.

Here's my business model. NO NEW RIMFIRES. Not ONE more until l am personally satisfied that the pipeline is full. I'm going to make the gun manufacturers my allies whether they like it or not.
    Why would Ruger stop making and selling 10/22s because the ammo companies can't keep up with demand? Ruger sells firearms, not ammo. This is like telling the auto makers to stop makng SUVs because gas is expensive.

The consumer needs to be educated. If you buy a firearm that requires unobtanium ammo let it be a lesson to research the purchase before making it.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Grand Master

Guess I will stay optimistic that the hording stupidity will end some day.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Why would Ruger stop making and selling 10/22s because the ammo companies can't keep up with demand? Ruger sells firearms, not ammo. This is like telling the auto makers to stop makng SUVs because gas is expensive.

The consumer needs to be educated. If you buy a firearm that requires unobtanium ammo let it be a lesson to research the purchase before making it.
    I think that the reason that auto makers keep making SUV's is because customers keep buying them regardless of oil price. Last spring there was a S&W poster hanging in the LGS advertising "free" CCI ammo with the purchase of a M+P 15-22. It was a nice try, and done in good faith I'm sure. Rather than go with a bandaid however, I choose a tourniquet.

As previously stated, my research has been rigorous and is now complete. "No new rimfires. Not one more, until I am personally satisfied that the pipeline is full."
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    Don't really know how to take it so I will just pass on this observation. I go to the local Walmart at least one a week. I always cruise thru the Sporting Goods section. The gun cases had been empty for most of the year and their has been no .22 LR ammo in the ammo case. A couple weeks ago they stocked the gun cases (I guess for hunting season). Half the guns are .22 LR but there is still no .22 LR ammo in the ammo case.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=noEgrvsfCAU

Watch this video and tell me you wouldn't do business with this man if you were in my corner of the world. Even if you disagree with him as to the cause, his conclusions are right on the money.
    Winston Churchill

I just wish people would stop saying HOARDING is the problem! There's nothing wrong with someone laying in a stash for personal use. Besides, there hasn't been enough .22lr on the shelves TO hoard! When there IS some available, there's always a limit on what each customer can buy.

The problem is the SCALPERS that buy it all up and sell it for 4-5x the price online and at gun shows. A clerk at our local WalMart told me there's one guy that always shows up when a shipment comes in, and he brings enough people and cash to completely buy up the entire shipment. Every time. Nobody else gets a chance. And he's always there at the right time, so he HAS to be getting inside information. Why would the store manager care? Selling all of your inventory quickly is a good thing, right?

Boolit Master

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12