MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: " Raining Hollow Points "

I purchased an H&G 51 4 cavity bevel base mould in perfect condition, but really didn't like the bevel base bullet in this configuration. It has a lube groove the size of the Panama Canal so there is never any worry about leading. The only reason I bought it was because it was CHEAP! I went to confession afterwards to confess my sin of theft and seek absolution.
    I sent it to Erik and had him take out the bevel base and make it a plain base mould. Perfect work, and man can I cast them now. I shoot more of these than any other bullet except for cast 9mm in the subguns.
    Erik is just a few miracles short of sainthood in my book.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    I just tried emailing this guy, and I got a delivery failure notice. will try the phone next.

Boolit Master
    Those look nice & the accuracy if great.
    U.S.A. " RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"

Boolit Master
    WELL i TALKED TO ERIK AT HOLLOWPOINT MOLDS. VERY NICE GUY AND POLITE AND VERY HONEST. I like that. Looks like I need to look at an Accurate mold if i cannot make this lyman mould do what I need. .002 thousandths larger diameter bullets. .432 to be exact. not going to give up... that's for sure.

Moderator Emeritus

WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!! I like it!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Erik is a genius when it comes to converting or repairing moulds.

I have a whole page dedicated to his work:

http://www.hensleygibbs.com/hollwpoint.htm
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.hensleygibbs.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Boolit Master
    yes in deed, but he does not do what I need done.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    WELL i TALKED TO ERIK AT HOLLOWPOINT MOLDS. VERY NICE GUY AND POLITE AND VERY HONEST. I like that. Looks like I need to look at an Accurate mold if i cannot make this lyman mould do what I need. .002 thousandths larger diameter bullets. .432 to be exact. not going to give up... that's for sure.
    Really? He used to do that, I have several molds that he enlarged the driving bands on to cast larger and they turned out perfectly.

This is some of Erik's work, two RCBS 44 300 gr GCFP molds. One modified to cast one GC and one PB. The second mold modified to cast both cavities HP with one GC and one PB. This is the photo on the cover of Glen's book; From Ingot to Target. The HPPB bullet perforated a pig on a hunt in Oregon with Glen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2339-Smaller.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	119216

Rick
    Last edited by cbrick; 10-16-2014 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Oops, it is a HPPB, not PBGC
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    I've bought and traded with Erik, good guy with great work.
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Boolit Master
    Yep, he is not enlarging at this time. He suggested i get an accurate mould in cast iron and cut my losses. I was warned about lyman moulds.... No one to blame but myself.

Boolit Grand Master

That has to be tedious machine set-up, figure three bands and four cavities. Perhaps he is just swamped with other stuff. Sad to hear though, perhaps he'll get back to it at some point.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12