Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Nevada get together .

Boolit Master
    Got side tracked repairing my backhoe. Weighed out 6 charges for the cannon test. Wrapped the weighed charges in foil to transport to the top of the hill. First 2 will repeat the normal 1/4 cup charge, second 2 will be 1/3 cup, third 2 will be 1/2 cup. Won't exceed 1/2 cup for safety reasons. If it still has a problem with that, it's got to be a bad lot of powder. Not sure what to do with 4 lbs. of bad powder, might find some rocks that need breaking. Think the outcome of the test will decide if it makes it to the shoot. To Love Life, I had a dredging permit for Desert Creek last summer. Moved 4-5 yards through the little 2" dredge and didn't get more than 2 little flakes. Had a great time though. Moving to a different place this summer with the little dredge. 2 miles south east of the Arrowhead mine is where I took the deer this year, in the burn area. Dredge permit only good in Nevada, California banned it quite a few years back. Need to take this part out of the thread, and will send a email address in a PM to continue it.
    Chris

Boolit Master
    The weather got better today, very little wind, no rain, thought it would be a good day to test cannon loads. Turns out I had the wrong powder measure last year. Wife switched mine for a spare she had, once I came up to the full 1/4 cup, performance returned. Target was a old car hood left at the range as a target backer propped up by a old safe. Target was about 150 yards out. The 1" ball bearings passed through the steel hood and safe like butter with just starting loads. Long story short, cannon will be at the shoot, all is well. Harter, I'm going to Fallon next week for a Big R shopping trip, I'm going to check out the range for trailer parking in advance while I'm there. I'll follow the directions you have posted.
    Chris

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Well it is coming down to the big days !

I have 1 last bug I haven't yet corralled 3 18x24s for the BD steel so if someone has a guide to find suitable pieces .....
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Fast Asleep I plan to spend 2/20 to knock down a few high places an fill in a couple of low places and pace posts if that works out for you I wouldn't mind the company. Send me a pm and I'll get you phone number. Of course anybody else is welcome also.

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Harter, PM sent.
    Chris

18x24 steel. Please .

Boolit Master
    Not much of a chance of people getting behind the targets there. Got to the set of BLM outhouses about a mile past the turn off and made the left turn, looked around some. Might have found your tracks Harter, if it was you, you had a big dog with you. Big jack rabbits. Looks like the site will work well if the BLM doesn't mind us getting that close to it's exhibit area.
    Chris

Not to far up that road is an abandoned range . All of those back stops were turned back toward the site. There's has in the past been a lot of varmints shot out and around that area also. The dog got her mothers feet and her father's build. Heavy bones and a narrow head and body ,kinda like railroad ties to hold up a picket fence.

Boolit Master
    Your dog has big paws for sure. Starting to take the trailer out of mothballs for the winter, getting ready. The road doesn't look that bad, if one drives carefully, don't think much, if any fill required even for 2wd. If it was to rain out there, going could get rough quickly, have to watch the weather. As dry as it's been, fat chance of that. Lots of alkali out there from the dry lake. You say pot luck for Sunday, what's needed, going to the store in Yerington on the way.
    Chris

I've a pot of chili in the works and a hunk of brisket,if this is low turn out we'll eat like kings.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    I've a pot of chili in the works and a hunk of brisket,if this is low turn out we'll eat like kings.
    Oh good grief and I am stuck here.

Boolit Master
    I'll grab some French bread, some drinks and a cake or two for desert. See who else chimes into this and try to decide what else is needed. One thing to watch though is weather, channel 8 is starting to give us a 20% chance of something on Saturday at least here in Wellington, don't know how that would play out in Fallon, but could end up being a factor in how many folks show up. Also, colder weather for the weekend.
    Chris

My weather dohikey says cooling also ,but still nearly 60.

Vendor Sponsor
    Haven't chimed in yet but I plan on being there. I have a gong with stand that I can bring about 12 x 16. How thick do the 18 x 24 need to be. Steel is getting pricey ifn you can't find a donor. I have some 11 ga. but don't think it will stop much. See you friday nite! I can bring bread/rolls for pot luck.

Ammo,
    I think if we have a plate suitable for 357 or Colts at 25 yd they will do for the wwaaayyy out there targets unless someone comes with a substantial magnum. 308/06' will only carry "normally" about 900 lbft to 1k,500 maybe with even smoking patched cast ....... I guess if PDawg came with that 300RUM .....
    I'm still looking here and I may get lucky if not there are a couple of welding shops.

Quill ,
    it'll probably rain and be cold , if it doesn't I promise to be miserable for at least a few minutes.

Boolit Buddy
    Harter--Sorry to say that I will not be able to attend--last minute family issues have come up. Sorry for leaving you stranded without help.

C WHEEL is bringing his rig and there are a couple locals that will be available. We will miss the close steel.

I have some backer boards. Also 2 VERY light plates that may make a little nose and may stop cast at the wwaaayyy out there . I may also have some rail road slip plates that I can weld or bolt to make plates . This thought came to me about 5 min ago . They make nice knock down chicken sized plates as well.

Vendor Sponsor
    Boss laid a project on me today that may have to happen this weekend. At the very least I will be in for pizza friday and can give you my hanging gong. I may still make it I will find out tomorrow. If I can make it I plan on camping at least one night probably Saturday. I can bring some campfire wood.

Boolit Master
    Looks like we just barely missed the snow prediction. Reno = 60%, Carson = 60%, Silver Springs east looks like we will dodge the bullet, could change though. I'll camp Friday and Saturday at the site if this weather holds, have a place in town if it gets to wet, prefer not to have a trailer on a dirt road in the rain/snow. German Choc cake and a peach pie loaded up already, SD rolls to go with the chili. Wife should return here at noon, I'll depart here at that time, changing the watch at home.Chris

Vendor Sponsor
    No work this weekend. I am all in. See y'all Friday night for pizza. Probably camp Saturday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast