MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Nevada get together .

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Well the dinner wasnt complete bust having doubled our participation.

Louis's Home Center made us a great deal on some extra tables after I dicovered that I had forgotten my tables .

Ott Farm Supply made me a pretty good deal on some steel plates also . Seems they have a running job that requires 18" cut outs in 3/4 hot rolled steel ,22" cut outs in 1/2 HRS and some others . At $23 for 16,18 or 22 inch gongs after tax we bought what they had giving us 4 heavies for the loooong range hit or miss. It also beats those $90+ targets by 3-1 .

Looks like a beautiful calm dry desert sun rise coming on so I guess I'll have to get up and get the generator going and some breakfast on .
    Attachment 131539
    Last edited by Harter66; 02-21-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: pix
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Vendor Sponsor
    Dinner was a good time getting reacquainted and having fine conversation. I missed breakfast and got to the range about 11. A beautiful day. Firing the cannon and banging gongs. Rich placed a gong at 100 yards and when I got there we put another at 235, and my swinging gong at about 400. All 3 got there share of ringing with my M1A, cwheels garand and 03 and a host of others. The wind picked up in the afternoon, but more tomorrow.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    The shooting was great yesterday. We did get dusted out about 400 but the whole valley got it so it wasn't a special occasion .
    M1s,03s oh my 92s ,94s galore oh my.......Mausers were kinda lonely.

Due to low turn out , the loooong range was dropped mostly because we can't see the sights and those little bitty 18" gongs at the same time . Best group is currently a draw with Ammo and C Wheel banging hit for hit on the 12 inch 400 yd swinger with several different rifles each.

At this point I think the team pistol will be mixed doubles or 2 of 3,if my Miss and Photo Fox want to play. Otherwise I guess we'll shoot best of 3 pistols for group Shooting a strange pistol.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Had a great time, thanks for the invite. Thought the cannon had missed the drum until I pulled it in. Good solid through and through on target. No power issues this time with proper charges. Great chance to work out some bugs from stuff I brought along as well. Old M1 had not fired in 20 years and was right in there. Take care, see you next year or sooner.
    Chris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234