Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: single shot Ruger American Rimfire

Boolit Master
    It's not too hard to cut a hardwood block to fit snugly in there and shape the top with a groove for the bolt to clear.
    Also know of a homemade sheet metal clip made for that purpose.
    Where there's a will
    There's a way I suppose.
    Sorry, no pics available.
    A corresponding groove in the wood.
    I have seen one of these before.
    The magazine was used for the measurements.
    The wood block had a spring clip screwed to the top so you snap the round in and release the bolt and the bolt shoved the round into the chamber.
    The clip was shaped like the lips of a magazine so the bolt slid right thru and picked up the round.
    Last edited by Alferd Packer; 12-31-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Although not what the OP was looking for, I thought I would let you know I make these single shot adapters for the CZ range of rimfires. Here in the UK we have sporter class benchrest competitions and the CZ's are quite popular but the rules state that shots must be single loaded, so I designed and 3d print these. As they are light and flat they post as a large letter so the postage anywhere in the world is only about $5.

Boolit Mold
    HA! Well, this thread generated enough traffic to my website that I had to come see what was happening. Hi, I'm Michael Knisely, owner over at 47 Products.

I'll not try to push my wears here out of respect for the policies, but I had to at least let y'all know I noticed.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me direct.

clodhopper, if you want to make your own I'll be happy to share what I've learned. Also note that there is one other on the interwebs that is selling a similar product. I've not seen reviews on how well that one works, but I know the price is lower than mine. Yep, I don't sell cheap, but profits on this project feed other projects.

Happy shootin', y'all!

Boolit Master

Thanks for the generous offer of help to print a single shot load ramp.

I wrote the comment in purple to flag the statement as sarcasm.

I have no printer, but have sunk many thousands more into a small CNC milling machine.

More likely to build a single shot rifle than mill a feed ramp to fit like a 10-22 magazine.

Just spent 17 dollars on a 47 page book titled "Build a single shot rifle" offered in "Home Shop Machinist" magazine.

Happy shooting to you and welcome to cast boolits!
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Mold
    Purple means sarcasm... I've a lot to learn.

I'd love to get a desktop milling machine, but I've got too many projects already. Right now I'm working with Home Assistant to do home automation projects using Wyze products, ESP32, wLED strips, and lots of other jelly bean parts. It's been so busy I've only made it to the range twice in the last 4 months.

Standing offer to anyone else that wants to take on the project of making their own sled. I'm happy to share what I've learned. I had no intention of selling these products as a business, it just sort of fell into place. Now I ship them all over the globe... don't get me wrong, I'm still an IT guy for a software development company as my day job, but these sleds have helped to fund getting other offerings from 47 Products off the ground.

Over all, the people I've met through this has been the best part. I've been part of a man teaching his great grandson the love of shooting. I've been part of a father and son shooting team getting back out to the range after the father lost his ability to feed magazines due to nerve damage in his hands. I got a pic from a Scout Troop of a 5 gallon bucket of rimfire cases shot over my trays over a weekend of shooting training. Too many other good stories to keep on telling.

So again, thanks for the mention. I'll keep an eye out for that home built rifle thread.

Boolit Master
    Well Michael, since I found your website and shared it here, I guess it's time to try your product out. I just ordered a Mall Rat Sled and will report back on how well it works. Meanwhile, browse around our website and discover the joys of casting and shooting cast boolits.
    Maineboy

Boolit Master

My interest in a single shot tray come from attending some schutzen rimfire matches.

One club where I have shot will let you shoot any .22 rf rifle, but requires you to single load during the match. This is fired indoors, and I really would rather shoot outdoors. Hearing problems, and ears tender from years of wearing hearing protection.

Solved the problem by shooting a savage. The road trip to this club is 375 miles one way, so I never would have gone there If a good friend didn't live in the town, so dinner, breakfast, shooting together, and sleeping in his spare bedroom were not involved.

Since then, a club just 90 miles away has started holding .22rf schutzen matches.
    This club has shooting house, actually two of them!

It's pretty sweet, standing inside, shooting out the windows. Really helps with the sound. The place is heated with wood stoves, some sausage cooking on the stove while shooting.

They don't mind if you load your 10-22, and buzz them all off in 17 seconds. They just smile, and methodically load and fire winchester low walls.

Oh, you guessed it, the low wall shooters beat the pants off the 10-22 crowd.

The club's other schutzen house is on the highpower 200 yard firing line, center fire match coming up this Sunday!
    Last edited by clodhopper; 01-08-2020 at 11:53 AM.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Mold

Single Shot Sled for Ruger Rimfire

So here is a single shot sled made for a Ruger American Rimfire for sale on eBay. Is this what you are looking for?

M.
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 01-27-2020 at 10:47 AM. Reason: ebay links are not permitted

Boolit Master

Thank you for the information about 47 Products, I've been wanting one of these for my Savage Mk II!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12