Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New addition to safe

Boolit Master
    I gotta lose weight so I can wear like that!!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Banned
    Nice gun. I got one when they first came out & it shot fine. I carry the Ultra/officers mostly but "always" use leather. Don't like the plastic stuff, its to hard against my body. For carry I use open tops only. I won't be running after bad guys so don't need retention. Besides a good leather is form fit & keeps the gun just fine but allows for a faster draw. KISS principle always.

Boolit Master
    I have been using a version of the Askins Avenger with the 1911. It holds the pistol well and keeps it securely in place with no retention strap.
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Buddy
    +1 on Milt Sparks.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by deathdragon147 View Post

Hopefully that loaded. Wife talked me into a dream gun for my birthday. S&w 1911. Performance center 5" model. I always wanted a 1911. Now my question. What things should I look out for issue wise. Any one with experience with this one? Also I live in an open carry state as long as u have a concealed permit. I need recomendations on a holster. I want to show it off but not hurt the finish. Thoughts and recomendations
    With the ports, NOISE. Wear a set of earplugs and muffs over them. I had a ported V10. I loved the gun but made the mistake of shooting it once without any muffs. Once.......ears are still ringing.

That is one sweet pistol you got there.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    A good heavy solid belt desighned for carry also makes a big diffrence in wieght. A good belt carries the wieght more evenly distributed. Some of the newer belts a 2 thinner layers with plastic band inbetween to lower sagging issues
    Try Bullhide Belts http://www.bullhidebelts.com/

I've got a couple and they are the best belts I've ever owned at any price bar none. Make sure you check out the gun belts. Very sturdy and stiff. I've carried everything from a compact to a 7.5 in BH and Govt 45 ACP on them. When they say "they are thick, stiff, and won't stretch or sag under the weight of a gun." they are not kidding
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by deathdragon147 View Post
    What things should I look out for issue wise. Any one with experience with this one?
    Some Hilton Yam input on the E-Series:

Detailed review.

Follow up.

First 1000rds.

Then 2000rds.

Boolit Bub
    Thank you everyone again for the great advice. I will have to look into sparks. I love bullhide belts. I wear them only now. It is amazing the difference in quality you can get when you pay just a little more.

Boolit Master
    Congrats on your new baby. Anxious to hear how she did at the range.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Bub
    Only under 500 rds through. Good groups. It eats everything i throw at it. Very clean braking trigger.

Banned

I've picked up a lot of range brass recently that had that exact same ding on them, now I know what was causing it. Glad they fixed it for you pronto, nice gun. You didn't make the mistake I did years ago by thinking that somehow the Commander-length barrel/slide would be more "concealable". All the short pistol does for me is make it more difficult to shoot, and maybe save a few ounces that don't really matter that much anyway when packing a 1911. Long slides are the only way to go IMO.

Gear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12