Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citadel M1 carbine 9mm----Any Experience out there?

Good info Tazman, and jimkimmons. I've been thinking about one of them myself. I wish these had been available when I bought my Hi-Point, and my better half bought her Just Right Carbine. The're both fun to shoot, but I've always liked the M-1 style rifle. I shoot my M-1 some still and my Mini-14 alot, but for shorter range plinking, you can't beat 9mm. Keep us informed Tazman on any new info. Thanks.
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.
    A foolish faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.

Still waiting on parts to come in. I have some optics coming and a mounting system that should help the sight situation. I have cleaned up the magazines a bit. Hopefully this will address the problems I was having.
    I will post more when I get things lined out.

I finally received all the necessary parts and got a cheap red dot mounted on the Citadel carbine. I took it to the range this afternoon to sight in.
    I didn't have a long time to spend on it so I didn't try a bunch of different ammo in it, just the 147 grain loads that worked well the last time.
    First three shots disappeared at about 25 ft. I was thinking oh boy, it must be way off. I pulled the target back and found all three shots in one slightly enlarged hole about 2 inches low. I ran the target out to 60 feet and printed the next 10 right in the center in a group the size of a nickel.
    I have never had a newly mounted optic shoot to point of aim without a lot of adjustment before so this was a surprise.
    I ended up putting 50 rounds through it and it performed perfectly. Apparently the previous shooting broke it in and the cleaning I gave it made all the dragging parts work right.
    I had no failures to feed or eject at all.
    The top of the receiver is grooved for a scope mount the same size as found on many 22 rimfire rifles. I purchased a cheap 22 to picatinny/weaver adapter and mounted a Barska red dot on it. Worked like a champ.
    Other than the heavy trigger I now have no complaints and would recommend this rifle to anyone interested in one.

Boolit Mold
    I received my 9mm M<1 about 5 weeks ago and the rack would not fully rack.
    Sent back and just got it back with an extra mag.
    I've shot over 300 rounds with only 2 FTE's.
    Using really cheap ammo so I'll try better next range visit.
    I woud like to add a red dot to the rifle but it has 3'8" slots like an air gun.
    Bought an adapter but it won't work ince the area above the slots is rounded and the adapter need a flat top.
    Other than that the gun i a hoot to use and really accurate.
    Has anybody been able to do this?

Boolit Mold
    Just posted a question before I read your post.
    Where did you get your adapter for the red dot. also did you mount on the fore end or where the iron sights are?

Boolit Master

Is 9mm the new 22? I think it may be and it has the obvious advantage of being reloadable. No shortage of brass, lots of data. I had some loads worked up for a high point using blue dot and a 124gr cast boolit and they were excellent performers on informal target shooting.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn892 View Post
    Where did you get your adapter for the red dot. also did you mount on the fore end or where the iron sights are?
    I got my adapter of eBay. Lots of them available. Mine cost about $8.50. I mounted it on the rear section of the receiver after my rear sight fell off.
    Since the rear sight would not stay tight, I decided to just replace it. I don't regret that at all.

tazman: Thanks for your posts on this. I have a new to me Universal 30 carbine that shows very little use, it's a great little beer can roller, just plain fun to shoot. As 9mm brass is very nearly free this seems to me to be the way to go. Now I just need to make up my mind 40 S&W (also cheap) 9mm and which brand to buy. O yah and what to sell to finance this gotta have. GP

Boolit Mold

Another major failure

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn892 View Post

Well, I've run about 800 rounds through the gun and at the range today the F---ing bolt BROKE.
    I have never heard of this with any gun!
    It is on the way back to repair again. Twice in 800 rounds doesn't sound very reliable to me.
    I'll try to add a pic if I can figure it out.

That doesn't sound good. I would like to see your follow up for this issue.
    I am always looking for information on possible problems.
    Mine has about 1000 rounds through it now and except for original the sight problem, I have no issues with the gun.

Hey Folks. Long time no post but I have to tell ya that I got one of these a couple of months ago. It's been nothing but light, accurate, and fun as all get-out. The .30 carbine is fun also but the 9mm cost is what got me. I sold my hipoint carbine to get this. With the addition of Mec-gar 20 round magazines, this little rifle fills the plinking, varminting and home-defense roles all in one rifle. I haven't found any factory ammo yet that the mags won't feed and the gun won't fire. From $9.98 Federal aluminum case to Hornady premium and everything in between. Other than the rear sight coming loose on the first round of firing, it's been a solid performer. The rear sight issue was fixed with a little blue lock-tite on the dovetail and the set screw. It's been rock solid ever since. For $560, I'm thinking of getting another for the little lady. Have fun, shoot straight, and be safe. HPHooked.
    You think you live in a civilized world yet the world is not as civilized as you think. - Me (2004)

NRA Life Member and darn proud of it!

Boolit Master
    Attachment 133787Then there's always the tried and true Marlin Camp 9. Mine's been modified a bit so as not to disturb the neighbors..........
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12