Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WalMart Advertizing .22LR Sale On 10/4/14

Boolit Man

Wife and I managed to get 3 each Saturday. That is 6 weeks of league shooting without allowing any for practice. We both shoot on a local Pistol League and I shoot on a local rifle league. I Finished 1st in pistol League and wife finished 5th out of 12 shooters. I came in 1st out of 3 in Rifle league this year.

Interesting
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

Wife and i got 600 rounds saturday at 8:15 am at WM . i counted 10 cases that they had for sale.
    Just so happened i forgot to buy some items so i went back sunday at 8:45 on my way to the range and they still had a few K left so i got another 300 rounds @$7.47 per 100.
    And gave 300 to my longtime shooting buddy. just so happened it was his birthday!

Boolit Buddy
    I went to locale wally world on the 4th at 7am. Clerk states they did not get any 22 ammo for the sale although they had their sale sign up. Once again I go there early because they will have ammo. It seems strange that several days after wally world gets ammo all the small mom & pop stores have the ammo for 0.18 a round & its the stuff wally world says they are in getting.

The Walmart in Santee California was "under the table" selling to one of the LGS's in the area...claiming they had none...I witnessed the sale...a large bag and a box of various items (of course it was a limit of 3 to the "world)....the stuff ended up in the LGS's stock at a highly inflated price...not rumor...I saw it happen...it's been a fair bit of time ago...won't darken the halls of any Walmart again and the LGS can go climb a rope...I used to shop there to keep things local...never again..I'll go on line to buy what I need.

Boolit Master
    I heard somebody other day talking about this sale, guess they were upset that they actually made you wait until 8 to buy it. Going to say one of the local hoarders who consistently clean out the shelves before their ever stocked. Only time I have managed to get any at the local wal mart was when they decided to change up the times when they did stock it. Other than that same people clean it out every shipment.

It would depend on the ammo, the regular bulk blazer stuff, not much of a bargain. But is a little cheaper for the standard velocity stuff I have been buying, its usually $4.50/50 at the LGS if they ever have any.

Boolit Buddy
    I was at a local auction house on Sat for the semi-annual firearms and sports consignment auction. They probably had 20,000 rounds of LR in many assorted flavors and what I saw went for $60 to $70 per 500 rounds. I was kind of surprized, as I thought things were starting to loosen up. Then, I was in the Gander Mountain store in St Cloud, MN this afternoon and the flyer had Federal 325 round bulk pack for $19.95, with limit of one. I assume this flyer started on Sunday and figured it was long gone, but they had at least 20-30 boxes left that I could see and not sure if there was more uncased.

I seriously doubt that the stories about Wal-Mart that you are relaying are a result of Wally World policy, but some clowns in the department cutting deals for profit with the LGC. The way to deal with this is to talk to the store manager and if that brings no satisfaction, call the regional office. Wally World corp policy would NEVER support happenings like this. I have twice gone to Walmart management, once to the store manager and once climbed higher and was amazed both times at the final response.

Jackpine

Boolit Master
    My Wally World still has these in stock, I got my 300 this morning. First buy of 22's in over a year.

Boolit Master
    I picked up my 300 the other day without even knowing there was a sale going on - I just check the counter every time I'm there. Sign said "limit one box per customer" but the sporting good clerk gave me three boxes and I went away happy.
    God gave us music that we might pray without words

In Remembrance
    I went to wallmart yesterday, I didn't ask, but didn't see any 22 ammo when I walked by the counter. I am not sure they got the memo that they are suppose to have it. lol

Boolit Master
    Field and Stream had their grand opening locally Friday 10/10/14. They had pallets full of Remington buckets $70 and bricks $25. Not being a big fan of T-bolts, I asked if they had any other 22. Behind the counter there was Winchester M-22, Rem SV, and CCI. I picked up a 1000 pack of the M-22 for $58.

I was in Houston late September and visited Bass Pro Shops on Sunday morning. They were piling bricks on the counter. I picked up two and brought them back in my checked luggage.

I think the supply is finally catching up.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    I went to wallmart yesterday, I didn't ask, but didn't see any 22 ammo when I walked by the counter. I am not sure they got the memo that they are suppose to have it. lol
    I don't think our WM got the memo either. Couple of other stores have faded and aged signs up at the gun counter stating they don't have nor do they know when they will get any 22lr in. One local three bears had some 22 the other day. Several different brands and qualities. The high priced match stuff is still sitting there, the mid and lower priced stuff didn't last the day. I passed as I still have enough for my needs till what I prefer to shoot comes back in stock regularly. They weren't even upping the prices. Fed AE 50 rd boxes for $2.19.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12