RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Wideners Load Data
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Someone has to ask/ Ebola--How concerned are we ??

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    Only if you want to be infected!
    I have never received a flu shot without getting sick from the shot and getting the flu when it was passed around.
    I have never caught the flu when I didn't get the flu shot.
    For me, it is an easy choice.

Simple precautions work for any issue. Like stored food, water, common meds/vitamins, drinks. They work for pandemics, short term income shortages, unemployment, and many other possibilities.
    I'll add this, if perchance you would have suffered from cancer with a very compromised immune system and a case of the flu likely would mean certain death, you might think differently.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tryNto View Post
    You can believe that if you want.
    I always got whatever Flu was going around, after I started getting the Shot, I have not had the Flu 1 time. Same with my Wife.
    Of all the people I have spoken to that get the Shot, not 1 ever got sick from it.

And for myself, I don't worry about anything.
    I was forced to take the flu shots while I was on active duty for twenty years if I was not on leave when the shots were given.
    I have now been retired for twenty years. For me, I'll stick with my forty years of experiences. Your mileage may vary!

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    I was forced to take the flu shots while I was on active duty for twenty years if I was not on leave when the shots were given.
    I have now been retired for twenty years. For me, I'll stick with my forty years of experiences. Your mileage may vary!
    Thanks for being one of those who help to spread it around.

I'll stick to my 70 plus years of experience with shots to keep me alive.

I pray you never have an illness that compromises your immune system. A cold could have killed me.

Boolit Master
    jcwit
    And horses can get Ebola.

I live in Amish country! What are those clumps in the road!
    Dead Amish farmers.

Boolit Master

Just saw this news story:

Apparently the first ebola nurse's boyfriend is now showing symptoms.

http://mrconservative.com/2014/10/51...adly-symptoms/

this is could be getting bad.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by USAFrox View Post
    Just saw this news story:

Apparently the first ebola nurse's boyfriend is now showing symptoms.

http://mrconservative.com/2014/10/51...adly-symptoms/

this is could be getting bad.
    Like I said earlier, this is day 21. We will know if this is under control or out of control by day 42.
    It can still be stopped, but I just don't have faith it will be stopped.

Boolit Master

What is wrong with this picture?

The Dallas Hospital had a brand new machine that could detect Ebola in 5 minutes. It was in operation when Duncan came in the first time. BUT the federal regulations prevented them from using it on him because it was purchased with money allocated for research and not diagnosis.

Of the 50 people who had direct contact with him, 48 finished their 21 day quarantine period yesterday and none became ill. Four of these people were family members who lived in the same apartment with him. Ate their meals with him, breathed the same air with him, sat on the same furniture with him, slept in the same beds with him. ( He slept alternately on every bed in the apartment. )

The two people who did become ill were both trained nurses who spent only short periods of time in a sterilized hospital room and were wearing "full hazmat" gear.

Do they have no idea of what this thing is or how it spreads?
    (Medical professionals have repeatedly stated on TV that they have been dealing with ebola for many years and fully understand how to deal with it.)

Are they all idiots? Government and medical both?
    Are they all lying to us?
    Are Hazmat suits just incubators?

What do I not understand?
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by williamwaco View Post

The Dallas Hospital had a brand new machine that could detect Ebola in 5 minutes. It was in operation when Duncan came in the first time. BUT the federal regulations prevented them from using it on him because it was purchased with money allocated for research and not diagnosis.

Of the 50 people who had direct contact with him, 48 finished their 21 day quarantine period yesterday and none became ill. Four of these people were family members who lived in the same apartment with him. Ate their meals with him, breathed the same air with him, sat on the same furniture with him, slept in the same beds with him. ( He slept alternately on every bed in the apartment. )

The two people who did become ill were both trained nurses who spent only short periods of time in a sterilized hospital room and were wearing "full hazmat" gear.

(Medical professionals have repeatedly stated on TV that they have been dealing with ebola for many years and fully understand how to deal with it.)

To begin with, a caveat that I am not sure!

Mrs Brass ran across an article or statement somewhere which states some Africans from a certain region of Africa have immunity to ebola. There is a belief according to that article that it could be due to trace exposure to fruit bat saliva on fruit they have eaten which exposed them to enough ebola to develop antibodies without exposing them to enough to develop full blown ebola and die from it first.

I heard or read a statement yesterday that the nurses were following WHO protocols for treatment out in the bush. For treatment in the bush, there are no really invasive procedures. You mostly live or die on your own. In ICU, the procedures are invasive; i.e. catheters, respirator, etc. giving the poor nurses far more exposure to ebola viral sources without adequately protecting them from the virus.

Boolit Master
    williamwaco,

The disease has a incubation period and a infectious period..
    During the incubation period the disease doesn't leave it's host..

During the infectious period you don't want to be around the person who has ebola (without protection) as you are likely to get it yourself ..

Where did you get this info from?
    "The Dallas Hospital had a brand new machine that could detect Ebola in 5 minutes."
    Last edited by Nrut; 10-20-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by williamwaco View Post

People infected with Ebola are most contagious when they are dying or already dead and not so much so when they first start showing symptoms.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    People infected with Ebola are most contagious when they are dying or already dead and not so much so when they first start showing symptoms.

Tim
    Yes!
    There are also conflicting incubation periods. One organization says 21 days while another says either 30 or 42.
    There is also confusion, or maybe just lack of knowledge, on infectious period.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Flu vaccine is a dead virus, unless you get the nasal spray then and only then is it a weakened virus.

If getting the flu from a dead virus was possible then the virus used to prevent polio would have been causing polio for years.

You may be slightly allergic to something in the flu shot or it is a psychosomatic problem.

But it is impossible to get the flu from the flu shot containing dead virus.
    My wife gets a mild case of flu symptoms every time she gets the flu shot. She gets them anyway, but is prepared for it now. I never get any symptoms. Who knows why.

As for the polio vaccine, I personally know a woman who got polio FROM the vaccine. Although rare, it happened. More than was widely publicized.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez Kelly View Post
    My wife gets a mild case of flu symptoms every time she gets the flu shot. She gets them anyway, but is prepared for it now. I never get any symptoms. Who knows why.

As for the polio vaccine, I personally know a woman who got polio FROM the vaccine. Although rare, it happened. More than was widely publicized.
    But the fact of the matter is the polio vaccine is how we got rid of polio, also small pox and other disease's.

You claim to know someone who got polio from the shot. What proof do you have that it actually came from the shot itself? Mayhap she was no infected before getting the shot? And remember the shots at first were a series of three shots, not a single shot.

Tell me all about it, I had Bulbar polio back in the 50's at the age of 12 when the shots first came out, bulbar polio only infects approx. 2% of those who come down with the disease. After all what were the chances of me getting polio? In reality I was one of 5,000 that got it that year, the previous year 54,000 people got it, this was in the U.S. of course. My chances were slim, but not slim enough.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nrut View Post
    williamwaco,

The disease has a incubation period and a infectious period..
    During the incubation period the disease doesn't leave it's host..

During the infectious period you don't want to be around the person who has ebola (without protection) as you are likely to get it yourself ..

Where did you get this info from?
    "The Dallas Hospital had a brand new machine that could detect Ebola in 5 minutes
    ."
    This has been allover the local and internet news for several days.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the...n-have-been-sa
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Buddy
    Can we keep this thread on the ebola topic and not on the flu? Or whether you should get a flu shot or not?

Thanks.

Also an apology for not posting for a day or so. We have been busy trying to get a last cord of wood split and stacked in the wood shed.

Ok, looks like the news media has been told to keep their mouths shut about any new cases. I think at this point the new czar has made the appropriate calls to the appropriate CEO's of the media and told them all to not say anything except "official" stuff coming out of the newly organized committee or whatever that czar is the head of.
    I have to run out for a bit this morning then I will see what's floating around out there on news. Was pretty dry yesterday except for them releasing those 48 people from self quarantine.

And yes, according to the WHO, ebola can take up to 42 days to incubate in a person. I have to think that really healthy people might be able to fight it off longer.

JMHO...YMMV...

And please if you want to discuss the effacy of flu shots, start another thread. Thanks.
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

Boolit Master

Mistake number 1...the government letting a highly infectious person into the U.S.

Mistake number 2...Letting the media play this up as it gives terrorist orgs the opportunity to see how ill equipped we are at handling highly infectious deadly diseases....only takes a few ppl smuggled in then infected and spread out amongst the population

Mistake number 3....letting the government handle anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    Can we keep this thread on the ebola topic and not on the flu? Or whether you should get a flu shot or not?

Thanks.

Also an apology for not posting for a day or so. We have been busy trying to get a last cord of wood split and stacked in the wood shed.

Ok, looks like the news media has been told to keep their mouths shut about any new cases. I think at this point the new czar has made the appropriate calls to the appropriate CEO's of the media and told them all to not say anything except "official" stuff coming out of the newly organized committee or whatever that czar is the head of.
    I have to run out for a bit this morning then I will see what's floating around out there on news. Was pretty dry yesterday except for them releasing those 48 people from self quarantine.

And yes, according to the WHO, ebola can take up to 42 days to incubate in a person. I have to think that really healthy people might be able to fight it off longer.

JMHO...YMMV...

And please if you want to discuss the effacy of flu shots, start another thread. Thanks.
    The thread drifted off to flu shots because of the comparing the priorities people have and the fact there thousands of folks dieing yearly which can be easily prevented by a simple, cheap, shot.

Folks are getting all worked up over a disease than has so far only killed 1 person here in the states and very few others have come down with it.

Not that we should not be concerned about this and take sensible precautions, but in the end, the sky is not falling, and life will go on.

Actually I believe all of us will die at some time!

Quote Originally Posted by 41 mag fan View Post

Mistake number 3....letting the government handle anything.
    Who do you wish to handle it?

Complaints offer no solution.

Boolit Master

I'm sure that a little common sense goes a long way. .. something this govt had lacked for many decades

Boolit Master
    Well possibly the scariest connection between Ebola and Flu vacines was just anounced.
    A Japanese company has produced a flu vacine that apparently works against Ebola and other viruses, thats the good part. The bad part is it eliminates infections by forcing the viruses to mutate uncontrolably till the mutate to a non viable form.

It will be a cold day indeed before I deliberately introduce such a powerful mutagenic substance into my body.
    Fear of the flu won't do it. Maybe if I was infected with Ebola I've give it a shot but nothing less than certain death would be an incentive.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast