RepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone has to ask/ Ebola--How concerned are we ??

Boolit Master

Someone has to ask/ Ebola--How concerned are we ??

It seems we have the potential for a problem of sorts.
    So my simple question is, How concerned are you folks ?

How much of the B/S media do you or are you believing ?
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Not concerned in the least.

More or less unconcerned. It's hard to transmit, and as far as I know every patient treated at a modern hospital has survived. That said, should it evolve into something less cute than pikachu we could have some trouble.

As far as I know, there is also only one case of it in the US, and that guy is locked down in a texas hospital.

Boolit Grand Master

Seems the biggest concern right now is Texas. Texas unlike DC has someone in charge with a spine that is taking steps to make sure it's properly contained and he didn't need to do it from a golf course.

Concerned? Not much, could be something in the future but for right now it's simply something to sell the news. Very typical of the news media, they want the public in a panic and glued to the TV and very typical of the media it's mostly hype and BS.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
    Not concerned in the least.
    Exactly.

Banned

All of the epidemics start with "patient" zero. We are there with many people exposed. I am very much concerned.

Boolit Buddy
    For any of you that might be concerned, here are links to some threads on a forum that have been tracking the progress of Ebola in general since the outbreak in West Africa.
    You don't have to be a member to go there to read.
    (note: these people are really good at sniffing out the truth. They have been at it since 2001 on this forum. Finding the truth instead of the mainstream spin)

Current case in Dallas, TX.
    http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...S-FIRST-IN-USA!

Stickied thread tracking since beginning.
    http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...Ebola-Tracking

This week's thread on Ebola in Africa and around the world.
    http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...-TO-10-15-2014

Also want to add that if you listen to the CDC and the Whitehouse it's all OK, sky is blue, water is clean and you hit the bullseye with every shot you take. HA HA.

Julie
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

Boolit Buddy
    Oh, one more thing. This is NOT contained. Not no way, no how.
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    if you listen to the CDC and the Whitehouse it's all OK
    Julie

This scares me more than anything.

Boolit Master

It has the potential to over whelm the entire medical system of the US. Especially when you add in the current outbreak of Entero virus that acts like Polio and has already killed 4 that I have heard about - Not to mention drug resistant TB and others that are coming across the southern border. My bet is that the Entero virus came across that southern border as well. Illegal alien children have been distributed to all 50 states from what I heard on the radio today. Multiple pandemic diseases could overwhelm the system and could be a catalyst to martial law.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    I am concerned. A person from the infected area was let into the country without quarantine or isolation. This seems to be a bad policy. Infected people are not immediately symptomatic so a blood test would be required to determine if the person is infected. This is for declared travelers, what about people entering the country without going thru customs.

The one reported case was not handled well as it took two trips to the hospital for him to be admitted and isolated even though he made it known he had traveled to the infected area. I read one report he traveled back to the U.S. specifically to get treatment and when he asked to be treated he was denied and released. That release lead to the exposure of others to the virus.

There still is no policy to isolate or quarantine travelers from the infected region. Previous reports about this disease have been inaccurate and lead me to believe that Ebola would not spread widely because it killed so quickly. This is not true. It is hard to tell if it was deliberate misinformation or ignorance. Any way the ignorance continues.

I am not to the point where I am taking any precautions yet but I am glad I am not flying on airlines right now as my work has changes recently.

Of the 80 or so people potentially exposed in Texas, are any being quarantined or isolated? Why not? Then again, if it gets worse they may take whole communities and put them in FEMA camps. It was the lack of a quick and strong response that let it get so far out of hand in Africa. We need a quick and strong response here.

If they came to get you because it was suspected that you were exposed would you let them take you to a camp where you would be isolated with other people who were suspected had been exposed? I certainly would not. You see if they don't take strong action now it could get very ugly very fast.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    Also want to add that if you listen to the CDC and the Whitehouse it's all OK, sky is blue, water is clean and you hit the bullseye with every shot you take. HA HA. Julie
    Well that's true enough, if the White house is saying everything is peachy it's logical to assume were in deep doodoo. They have yet to speak the truth or be right on ANYTHING yet.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Love Life
    Now is the time to be buying your food and water goods if you need them. Now is the time to start mass loading your ammo. Now is the time to buy ammo instead of components. Now is the time for you to go get that AR you have been thinking of. Now is the time to ensure there is always a full tank of gas in the car. Now is the time to look at preparations.

When another case outside of the Texas fiasco occurs, the run begins.

Looks like RobertBank was right and I haven't bugged out immediately and instead popped in to say start preparing now.

At that, I'm white smoke in the wind.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by gray wolf View Post
    ...snip...
    How much of the B/S media do you or are you believing ?
    I have three things to say:

-I am concerned about everything, that is disturbing, that I hear in 'the news'.

-I also take everything in 'the news' with a grain of salt.

-Regarding ebola...right now, my normal activities won't make me susceptible, so it's nothing I am worrying about, I can say the exact same thing in regards to AIDS. To me, concerned and worrying are two different things.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned

AHA!!!!

I've been wracking my brain to come up with an idea of what scenario will occur along about next summer or early fall that will cause an executive order to be issued terminating all POTUS and top Federal elected position voting proceedings indefinitely and the institution of widespread, Federal control by force. Someone made a joke about "don't worry about Hillary until bummer's third term is over" once and I thought yeah, why not a third term, he does whatever else he wants? Now it all makes sense: Feds distribute infected Mexican children throughout the US rather than deport them back to their native country, then allow them to spread some dread diseases, then put the final screws to freedom in the name of public welfare/disaster management/disease control, or "national emergency".

You heard it from me first! Taking tin foil hat off now....

Gear

Boolit Master
    We aren't concerned nearly as much as we should be.Only a few decades past the disease killed faster than the infected could travel. It was quickly confined to small populations and quarantine was strictly and ruthlessly enforced.In todays world an infected person can travel around the world before his first symptoms appear.Also our health care personel of today are often not that good at their job, regardless of level of training, and not well motivated to get any better at it. They too often seem to resent being put to any bother to find out what is wrong with someone who shows up at the ER. My best friend's dad died because of this sort of attitude.

Boolit Buddy

The disease itself, and it's spread to the population, does not concern me too much.

What does concern me, and geargnasher is thinking on somewhat the same lines, is if this thing does somehow reach a proportion such that the WH, in infinite wisdom, decides to declare Martial Law.

Then, Houston, we have a problem!
    Faster Horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey, More Money! Tom T. Hall.

I am mildly concerned for three reasons;

1. It is a potential deadly virus with no known drugs to treat it.
    2. I live in Texas and have family a few blocks away from the hospital where this guy is.
    3. The government is assuring me they have a handle on this and there is no real reason for concern.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Grand Master
    Concerned.

Don't believe the media or the Docs on TV either. Contained they said, now, they are watching 80 people. How soon until 800 or 8000 or 80,000? Could be exponential growth, just like a ponzi sceme. Authorities , I think, are more concerned about looking bad and how they might have sc%^& up and be held accountable, especially before an election. You can bet they have been vaccinated, if there is one.

Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast