Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
PBcastco Repackbox

View Poll Results: Your Experience with HM2 Moulds/HMM?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Product & Customer Service

18 100.00%
  • Bad/Unuseable Product OR No Service

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HM2 Moulds

Question HM2 Moulds

The round ball mould I purchased from HM2 (Active Group Buy) is casting well out of spec, and I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem.
    Mine is supposed to be a .311, but drops 5 different sizes from a 6 cavity. The sizes are .311, .3115, .3125 (x2), .3135, and nearly .314 (.31388 Digital). Even a +/- .001 would be acceptable for the intended application.
    One thing is the mould casts a very nice round ball that is virtually seam free, and they fall easily from the mould. But it simply won't work for .32 M/L Rifle Shooter's.

I've gotten no response from the maker or salesman in 2 Messages here, and the Official Site.

Please do the Poll and leave your comments, good or bad. I'm not sure why I'm being ignored.

Thanks for your time,
    Jeff

Guess I can leave this here as well.

I am no longer making molds. I own the companey name and website but the machines I was making them on where not mine. And I do not work there any more. The owner of the machines was the persion receiving all the money from the molds. I was just a salery employ as we had started a supressure companey togather and we had extra time on the machines so I told him I think we could make molds. Well the gun Market slowed way down for us and so I found another job. I want the molds to keep going I just don't know how I'm going to do it right now. All the inventory was turned over to Kevin who manages the gun store. Thy are filling the orders and shipping them I am no longer in the picture so to speak. I will do whatever is can to help you guys out.
    It's not the size of your brass that matters, It's how you tumble it.

Banned

Sorry to hear this. I have three of your molds. I hope you can get back in the game.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I am especially disappointed to hear this. I had a great experience with Jarod as a Honcho, and again a couple of times as a customer. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again and am hopeful that masscaster and JT can come to an amicable resolution.

masscaster, if it comes down to it, I would be interested in trading for your mould,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Thanks for the update JT, had wondered why no new group buys. I have the 62 grn .225 mold and it's excellent.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter7 View Post
    Thanks for the update JT, had wondered why no new group buys. I have the 62 grn .225 mold and it's excellent.
    These are my exact thoughts and experience as well, I love that 225-62gr mold !
    I have recommended it to others...I guess I'll hold off on doing that anymore, til I hear you[JT] find another shop to make them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master
    I have the 360-235 "Thor" from JT and man that thing will shoot in my 357Max rifle. Sorry to hear things are like they are.

Well that sucks...I wanted one of the #1 Buckshot molds and even bought some other items in preparation for its arrival.
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

I'm calling Discount Guns & Ammo in a few minutes to see what happens. I'll keep folks up to date.

5Shot,
    I have 500 - .300 Round Ball for sale in Swappin' & Sellin' if you need some.

Thanks all,
    Jeff

Boolit Buddy
    I have a copy of Lee 311-155(Harris) 6 banger and this mold rocks.
    It shoots way better than 2 Lee molds of the same design and it's very consistent on all 6 cavities.
    I use it in 7.5 Swiss and 308W.

I should have gotten same design in .314 for Mosin and 303 Brit. Oh well,you snooze you lose.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a 9mm mould. It makes a nice bullet, well made mould. I had an issue with the order initially but when I spoke to JT directly he mentioned they had an issue and it was resolved. Mould arrived shortly after that.
    If I wanted a mould they made I would not hesitate to purchase one.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    I have the 360-235 "Thor" from JT and man that thing will shoot in my 357Max rifle. Sorry to hear things are like they are.
    I have that mould as well, seems to be excellent workmanship but it didn't work out for my 35 Whelen. Shows promise in my 35 Rem but the darned thing keeps killing scopes. Hope you can figure out a way to get your foot back in the door, JT.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    I am a precision mold maker by trade and I will say this in JTKnives defense. The hardest contour to cut is a sphere/ball. Even if it is cut in a CNC. It is way harder than cutting a regular bullet mold. To many thing come in to play to keep it perfect round. Like machine servo accuracy, spindle thermo growth and the accuracy of the ball endmill used. A good round ball mold is finished by swaging a ball bearing between the two halls.
    NRA Life Member
    OGC Member
    USPSA Member

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

I have 10 hm2 moulds and I Have cast with 8 of them so far with complete satisfaction. Dimensions spot on. When some low down thief stole 3!! Moulds out of a sfr box and it was delivered without contents, JT sent me new moulds no questions asked. So to reiterate my point, excellent moulds, complete integrity.

JT I wish you well and hope you can begin producing moulds again.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master
    I have one of these, its a very good mold. My choice for 300 blackout in an AR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donor8x56r View Post
    I have a copy of Lee 311-155(Harris) 6 banger and this mold rocks.
    It shoots way better than 2 Lee molds of the same design and it's very consistent on all 6 cavities.
    I use it in 7.5 Swiss and 308W.

I should have gotten same design in .314 for Mosin and 303 Brit. Oh well,you snooze you lose.

Boolit Buddy
    So sorry to hear this, the 162 gr. .30 cal mould of yours I bought is top notch. I would venture to say that you have an established customer base if you decide to get back in the business.

Boolit Master
    This is disheartening. I have three molds from him and have been very very happy. JT as soon as you get resettled let us know.
    Have many more mold needs.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Even with me shooting it, I'm still getting 3 to 4" groups at 175 yards at 1450fps in my 12" .357 magnum Contender,,,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    I have one HM2 mold, 200gr for 45acp. I'm a fairly new caster with limited experience, mostly with Lee molds. My HM2 is my first, let's say, "non economy" mold. My HM2 is an absolute joy to cast with. I get an amazingly low number of reject boolits, and they fall from the mold easily, right on diameter spec.
    I talked to JT before buying and he was very helpful answering all my questions.
    JT, I hope you figure a way to get back into mold manufacturing. If you do, I think you will do well. I'd buy from you again. Best of luck.

I have to say the comments reflect well on JT, and that the moulds are nice to cast with. The mould I received is also very nice to cast with, as it says in my first post. But the specs are off, and it is unusable for the intended application. I'd like to see him making moulds also, so I might be able to get one that does what it's supposed to.
    I called the owner/operator of the shop on Friday and he said he was going to try and figure some things out & call me back. I have yet to hear anything.

If it was undersized fixing to would not be a problem, but oversized is.
    On a side note I'm starting my run of .30 Cal. boolits. I decided to run it with hard alloy just to find out if the differences were correct. One last time you might say. My first post with the specs says it all, except for measuring a bit larger due to the lack of shrinkage.

Thanks again for the comments at any rate.
    Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast