Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with the US Postal service??

Boolit Master

Angry What is going on with the US Postal service??

So I have been chomping at the bit expecting a package, and some mail lately and for four week days we got NOTHING in the mail. Then yesterday BOOM our mailbox was so overstuffed that we almost couldnt get everything out of it. I called my local post office and they assured me that everything was running as normal, and that I had just suddenly received that much mail..... I call horse pucky!

Anybody else having these issues?

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Master

Nope. Business as usual here.

You might want to ask your neighbors if that happened to them also.

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a local issue. For whatever reason the person delivering your mail doesn't want to so they stock pile it until they have to. Visit the post master and lodge a complaint.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Buddy

Everything running smooth as clockwork here as well, probably a local issue on your end.
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Banned

it took 4 day's for a package to get from Denver to salt lake, it had taken 4 day's for it to get from Detroit to Denver, it took 3 to get from Arkansas to Detroit.
    from salt lake to my place was another 3.
    14 day's total.

Boolit Grand Master

Your issue is w/ you local carrier. They have a 1-800 number for complaints. Call them now and log a formal one. It's the only way they will respond. I have to this everytime I order lead. It's the only way they will deliver it.

Boolit Master

At my local post office the mail lady tells me that the USPS has shut down 30+ distribution hubs in large cities around the nation to save money.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

My local carrier does a fantastic job. He has the largest route running from the PO. Mail comes from Columbus, couple hrs away, sometime the truck from Columbus ( 130 miles 1 way) will drop off mail at the wrong town PO, Then they have to go get it or wait. When he is off for vacation or once a week when he HAS to be off due to his large route, (USPS rules), the sub has to deliver. She does not sort it all and is slow, and puts mail in the wrong home mail boxes, and then Ed has to make up by delivering it when he gets back after sorting it all.

You have a carrier that lets the job slide and somebody else has to catch it up or just let's it pile up before delivering. Feel lucky your mail is not going in the river or dumpster, like other areas.......

Boolit Master
    I live on the main street in a large town, and if I get mail 3x a week, I consider myself lucky.
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Master

Notice you are in East Texas. I was told the sorting facilities, particularly the one in Houston, is undergoing major changes. I think this is happening around the country. Trying to get more efficient, save money.

Boolit Grand Master

Every time I get meds or a signature required package, I have to go to the next town to pick it up. Postman refuses to knock and wait for me to answer the door. Several packages were returned to sender without me ever getting notice.
    The local PO only has mail boxes and a window for selling and sending. All mail sorting and delivery is now done from a bigger PO. They are slowly reverting to ancient practices as far as mail. I can't trust bill payments to be delivered in a timely manner, so electric banking get my nod. They exist only on junk mail.
    Our city had a huge Mfg base that is now only a memory. Even the buildings are gone, leaving only landscape scars and loss of jobs.

I recently bought a mould from a guy here on the forum. I never received notification of arrival in my PO Box, but the tracking number said it had been delivered. I went in and pitched a small fit at the counter and the PostMaster eventually went looking for it... he found THREE packages that I'd received no notification on!!! One had a postmark that was over a month old.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Boolit Grand Master

Almost forgot when Goodsteel had shipped back a rifle I had him work over for me. No knock, if they did it was faint and the wife never heard it. It was a sub that ran the route that day. She left the redeliver slip in the mailbox......w/ no info on it. No parcel number, no tracking number, literally nothing filled out on it. Needless to say that was an angry call to the 1-800 number. Received the rifle two days later when they were able to find out where it was. Never heard from the post office like I was supposed to. I did get a nice note from the normal carrier apologizing about what happened and how he was on vacation. I don't begrudge the carrier. It's the people in charge at my local PO that have me POed

Boolit Master
    I'm beginning to hate hate hate usps. Two packages in a row I sent contents lost from their specially engineered USA made priority boxes.

Boolit Master
    It's the post office. Any reasonable fella knows not to have any expectations above poor.
    Last edited by oneokie; 10-02-2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: language

Boolit Master
    I have three postal centers in town, and if I want anything shipped correctly, there is only one I go to, and then only if one of two people are there. I had to ship a rifle to my son in Germany this summer, and I was sure it was going to be a Catastrophe, but those tow mad it happen smoothly.
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Master
    Packages will get damaged so pack accordingly. The USPS does a great job and we are fortunate to have them. With the volume of daily mail it's a wonder more things dont go missing.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    At my local post office the mail lady tells me that the USPS has shut down 30+ distribution hubs in large cities around the nation to save money.
    USPS is shutting down the distribution hub here in Tucson - now all sorting will be done in Phoenix. I suppose that if I were to send something to my next-door neighbor, it would go to Phoenix first.
    Can't see how it will save much money - some folks are needed for a certain amount of sorting, the rest being handled by the bar code added to thee bottom of the envelope. I call BS...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    No mail Fri,Sat,Mon,Tues just a smattering yesterday.

And I am only a couple miles out of Chiraq.

Sent a package to Fl WITH a tracking #.

According to to the # it is STILL sitting at a transfer station 10 days later.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Grand Master

Sat. we had a sub and she only delivered the fliers to the whole street. I'm waiting on a package from Oregon, been almost 2 weeks and no idea where it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast