WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoke 4320-anyone used clear or silver?

Boolit Bub
    They are very good about resending and RMA

Quote Originally Posted by Markbo View Post
    What? How do you get it to a uniform/smooth powder for smooth coverage???

Very interesting. I did double coating only once....didnt like the outcome at all. What temp and for how long have you found best results?

Boolit Buddy

Good explanations here. I am a novice caster and am always boggled by the choice of lubes. Seems this method will solve that problem - just pick a color and go!!
    Curious on the oven temp and length of cook needed. It may not be a task for a July day - then again I don't cast in July either. It may make use of a cold January day though.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboybart View Post
    Good explanations here. I am a novice caster and am always boggled by the choice of lubes. Seems this method will solve that problem - just pick a color and go!!
    Curious on the oven temp and length of cook needed. It may not be a task for a July day - then again I don't cast in July either. It may make use of a cold January day though.
    Colors I have listed above are the best as recommended by smoke in another thread. Clear is relatively new but yields better results for me.

Preheat the oven to 400* & use a thermometer to make sure your dial is accurate. I do 20-25min batches. Supposedly the 15min timer should start when the items reach oven temperature.

Be aware that the oven will annealing any water quenched hardening during the PC bake.

Quote Originally Posted by meicalnissyen View Post
    Prettty much all i have used, is PBTP clear, bought a pund of black, but only used it once.

it works fine, same as any other powder (i've just done ES)

I use it cuz I can't risk getting branded as a hand loader at the local ranges

just wish the PBTP orders arrived as a loose powder, instead of blockAttachment 118103Attachment 118104
    Whoa whoa whoa - Powder By The Pound sends you a block of powder? It's not loose powder in a jug or bag? This is first I'd heard of this! I was thinking of ordering some glossy black from them to do motorcycle parts.

Middle America, Missouri was moved to east of I-435
    I've only received bags of puffy powder. Haven't seen any listings for 'blocks'. I did see 'samples' for color matching someplace on their web page. My
    sister-in-law shops at a 'farmer's market' near them on Saturdays and my brother (more likely sister-in-law) picks up the power I ask for during the week for me.

Load with care,

OSOK

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa - Powder By The Pound sends you a block of powder? It's not loose powder in a jug or bag? This is first I'd heard of this! I was thinking of ordering some glossy black from them to do motorcycle parts.
    Easy, there

They send powder, good powder its just that for whatever reasons, I have rec'd powder that has been fused into a chunk, or on one occasion chunks that I was able to breakup sufficiently