Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How I cast bullets

Boolit Mold
    Bhp9

Good advice,I have just started to cast my own for center fire rifles and handguns
    I did cast for black powder guns in the past ,with good results,but this stuff is all new to me
    will be looking to this forum for lots of tips and advice !

Quote Originally Posted by djwright View Post
    hi guys, just curious as to how many moulds you fellers find casting with at one time to be optimum. I use 6-7 at one time. Dependingon if i'm using 2 or 4 gang moulds.
    i can use up to 3 molds at a time i find i cannot keep up with the temp and i like to water drop hot boolits , most comfortable is 1 or 2 molds i will do 1 22 mold then 1 30 cal mold , then 1 22 mold ,22 again , then a 30 so i fill my 22 two times, for 1 time the 30 .... this keeps both molds up to temperature, for good fillout.

Boolit Mold
    A hearty endorsement of Boeshield from me as well, both for bicycle use and general rust prevention.

WD-40 is mostly light hydrocarbons in the kerosene range, 25% mineral oil, with some other hydrocarbons and 2% DMSO added as a detergent. As such, it's a good penetrant, a good water displacer, but a poor protector. As noted, it evaporates and leaves no coating behind. A shot of WD-40 followed by storage in a sealed container with a desiccant *might* work. For long term storage, it's hard to beat Boeshield.

i run 2 molds at a time hard to overheat the mold this way i just take my time
    pour, cut, water drop, ... pour ,cut, water drop.. and repeat run ol drippy on no 7 and heat up my molds in the top of the lead first few go in the pot untill they get up to temp
    nice pot above ...bob.... guess i never thought about rust protection on my molds it pretty dry here but i think ill start ,maybe kroil and put it in an ammo can as suggested
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123