Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And I don't wonder why I left newjerkistan

Moderator Emeritus

Seeing his life's collection of rifles destroyed like that made me cry. There is no reason to mishandle expensive rifles in that manner. They could have been put in gun cases and removed them, or wrapped in blankets. Now this old guy has to fight the system to get his property back and from the looks of him it may take longer than he has to live. Those rifles could be his life savings, something to be sold one at a time when needed to pay bills in old age and now the value of all of them has been ruined.

We MUST get federal laws passed that stop this type of wholesale confiscation, he was the victim, there was zero reason to take them. Just unreal and really drives home the disregard modern police have for citizens

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Seeing his life's collection of rifles destroyed like that made me cry. There is no reason to mishandle expensive rifles in that manner. They could have been put in gun cases and removed them, or wrapped in blankets. Now this old guy has to fight the system to get his property back and from the looks of him it may take longer than he has to live. Those rifles could be his life savings, something to be sold one at a time when needed to pay bills in old age and now the value of all of them has been ruined.

We MUST get federal laws passed that stop this type of wholesale confiscation, he was the victim, there was zero reason to take them. Just unreal and really drives home the disregard modern police have for citizens
    Those rifles could be his life savings, something to be sold one at a time when needed to pay bills in old age and now the value of all of them has been ruined.

We MUST get federal laws passed that stop this type of wholesale confiscation, he was the victim, there was zero reason to take them.

YES WE MUST PASS NEW LAWS
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

ANOTHER GUN COLECTOR! Check out this story: I know this guy. Former president of the Piscataqua Fish & Game Club, collector, shooter. Don't know the all the facts yet but I am sure they will remove all his guns too.
    http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS/140929352
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    ANOTHER GUN COLECTOR! Check out this story: I know this guy. Former president of the Piscataqua Fish & Game Club, collector, shooter. Don't know the all the facts yet but I am sure they will remove all his guns too.
    http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS/140929352
    Looks like a bad guy according to the article

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

How much powder is legal to possess in nj?

I hope the search warrent included safe interiors? It is my understanding that they are specific in what is beingvsearched and what is being searched for. Cracking open a safe with the jaws of life seems overboard
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    That was the mantra of death camp guards. Just following orders.
    This guy was victimized twice. Once by his wife and then by the government.
    They used the jaws of life and the fire department to open his gun safes.
    Guns removed in garbage tote.
    Precisely my point. Just look a Katrina.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Looks like a bad guy according to the article
    I would agree if I didn't know the guy. He collects and shoots a lot. Pretty gentle man IMHO based on knowing him for well over 25 years. Runs a pawn shop, hard worker.
    I can't help but think alcohol may have been involved. I just don't get it. Alcohol is bad stuff, if that is what it was. Not making excuses for him - don't get me wrong.
    Think about what the papers would say about some of us - MACHINE GUNS AND EXPLOSIVES CACHE REMOVED FROM LOCAL HOME.
    The police and SWAT removed 8 machine guns, 4 supressors, 4 short barreled rifles, 1 sawed off shotgun, 10,000 rounds of ammunition, over 50 lbs of explosive powder, 50,000 primers and enough ammunition components to manufacture over 50,000 rounds of ammunition.
    THAT would sound like I was a bad guy too.
    Some would say "....gee....is that ALL?" Why so little powder?
    My point is that not all is what it seems in the newspapers. Rarely do they get it right.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    I would agree if I didn't know the guy. He collects and shoots a lot. Pretty gentle man IMHO based on knowing him for well over 25 years. Runs a pawn shop, hard worker.
    I can't help but think alcohol may have been involved. I just don't get it. Alcohol is bad stuff, if that is what it was. Not making excuses for him - don't get me wrong.
    Think about what the papers would say about some of us - MACHINE GUNS AND EXPLOSIVES CACHE REMOVED FROM LOCAL HOME.
    The police and SWAT removed 8 machine guns, 4 supressors, 4 short barreled rifles, 1 sawed off shotgun, 10,000 rounds of ammunition, over 50 lbs of explosive powder, 50,000 primers and enough ammunition components to manufacture over 50,000 rounds of ammunition.
    My point is that not all is what it seems in the newspapers. Rarely do they get it right.

"Think about what the papers would say about some of us - MACHINE GUNS AND EXPLOSIVES CACHE REMOVED FROM LOCAL HOME.
    The police and SWAT removed 8 machine guns, 4 supressors, 4 short barreled rifles, 1 sawed off shotgun, 10,000 rounds of ammunition, over 50 lbs of explosive powder, 50,000 primers and enough ammunition components to manufacture over 50,000 rounds of ammunition."
    My point is that not all is what it seems in the newspapers. Rarely do they get it right."
    This doesn't make you a bad guy.

When you know someone that long it would be a hard pill to swallow. I hope he didn't do what the report says.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

"Standard Protocol". Wife stabs husband. Police confiscate guns. Protocol used to be to REMOVE the OFFENDER - for a long period of time. Bet they didn't remove the kitchen knives either. Had a case here a while back, custody of a kid. Took the guys rifle and 'thousands of rounds of ammo' as reported by the anti-gun woman reporter - a few bricks of 22. As LE stated, it was all secured safely so minor girl had no access. Thought police have become mindless police. Like they think they can prevent a crime. That is easier than solving actual crimes. The US constitution was specifically written for LE (legal system) to apprehend criminals and provide punishment enough to deter others & remove violent persons from the population. The military is to protect from invasion. The posse was to aid in local problems.
    Whatever!

Officers executing a search warrant may search any place witin the area specified that may reasonably contain the items that are the subject of the warrant. Cant search for an elephant in a match box is a common analogy. Guns in a safe is probably fair game. I hope this gentleman gets financial and legal support to fight this.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Now, I'm just a mechanic, so it's as I see it. SHE.....stabbed him. If she is custody ( and I'm not sure she is), doesnt HE, have rights in his own home.? Or does he, have to vacate the premises.? Even if she owns it, and the home is his domicile.
    Sounds like she ratted him out about having firearms in the house and she was afraid.
    Even though she stabbed him.
    Sounds like self defense to me........ (purple font here).

Boolit Master

20 years ago I left that rotten state! Thanks be to God!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    Standard protocol = just following orders legal or otherwise = BS

Boolit Master
    For the same reason I left newyorkistan. Things started going down hill about 18 years ago and didn't take a rocket scientist to see which way things were headed. Frank

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    20 years ago I left that rotten state! Thanks be to God!
    It's a good thing you did! All my wedding pictures would look different if you hadn't...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by IDSS View Post
    It's a good thing you did! All my wedding pictures would look different if you hadn't...

Clever bud, clever!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12