Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: MagPul Pmag group buy?

MagPul Pmag group buy?

Hey all

MagPul still apparently has two different Pmag Gen M2 models in stock at just $12.95 each. And of course they have other Gen M2 and Gen M3.

The ones that seem the most attractive to me are:

PMAG® 30 AR/M4 GEN M2 MOE® – Limited Edition TEXAS Magazine
    PMAG® 30 AR/M4 GEN M2 MOE® – Limited Edition WYOMING Magazine
    PMAG® 30 AR/M4 GEN M2 MOE®, 5.56x45 Magazine

PMAG® 30 AR/M4 GEN M2 MOE® Window, 5.56x45 Magazine

I'd love to pick up a handful of the Texas ones in particular, but frankly I don't care which out of the four types above. I've only got a single magazine for my AR, which is one of the M2 Window type.

Would anyone here be interested in getting a group buy together going direct with MagPul for this purpose?

I am happy to handle coordination of the buy.

OnceFired

You can buy Pmags cheaper than $12.95 now, especially when sales are running.(don't know if Magpul could do better on the price) I primarily run Lancer mags but I have taken a liking to the 40rd Pmags. So I would be in for some 40rd Pmags if the price is good.

You're right on finding lower than $12.95 each. I found Botach has a 13-pack of Gen M2 MOE for $99.95, but I have also heard mostly poor things about that vendor.

That's just $7.68 each, which is close to the el-cheapo metal ones I have seen elsewhere. I have heard horror stories though about Botach having really bad turn-around times. Any thoughts there?

Never used Botach myself and have heard positive and negative about them.

I was talking about good vendors like DSG arms or Primary Arms.

https://dsgarms.com/dsg-arms-magazin...gs-w-dsg-patch

Boolit Master

Group buy could be good but as others have stated that price can be beat, just got 10 pmags fer $100 at a local gun show, split the cost and mags with a buddy doing a ar build. $10 bucks a pop for 10 mags no shipping no group buy hassle. I would pay 12.95 for pmags, I've used none better but even the Dunham's here has them for $13. Not being rude or raining on anyone's day but I bet a large enough group buy from the right vendor could get a much better price.

Yeah, I guess that was the whole point. I like the PMAG I have a lot, and I am willing to pay a price difference between the el-cheapo's vs the PMAGs. I just want to get as good of a deal on the PMAGs as I can. I like the DSG Arms price especially since it's within $0.30 per mag of the Botach deal AND has a lower cost of entry.

But if I can get cheaper by pooling resources, all the better. Would a $6 PMAG be better? Yep. And I'd have more of them.

We're up to about ~350 magazines at this point already. I have heard from Botach that they have plenty on hand, but I do not yet have pricing from them. Magpul has not replied to my inquiry yet. I'm reaching out to more vendors too.

Botach came back to me with pricing. It was the exact same as the website currently offers - 13 pack for $99.95 with free shipping. Which is of course a deal anyone can find. I let them know we were looking to buy far more than the typical consumer would buy, and am waiting for a reply.

I also reached out to Magpul via their Facebook page today, to follow up on my previous web inquiry. We'll see what happens.

OF

Boolit Bub
    I would never buy from Botach again. Don't walk, run away.

Yeah, I heard back from them again on Friday afternoon. They came back to me and simply said...

"I would suggest taking this deal while supplies last. Our promotions run for a limited time. Please call me next week for further details."

No effort on Botach's part to win the business at all. Frankly, I personally have no interest in purchasing from them, although I will do so if the group members wish to do so.

I reached out Friday night to the following other vendors:

GunMag Warehouse
    Grabagun
    Palmetto State Armory
    Western Sport
    Primary Arms
    USCav
    Precision Rifle Supply
    AIM Surplus

AIM Surplus replied Saturday morning (when they are usually closed, btw) so I do have pricing from them on standard & windowed mags. They get bonus points for speed of reply, and the thorough nature of the info they provided.

I will PM all interested parties the pricing from all vendors by Friday, October 10th 6pm CST. Only the winning vendor will have their price posted.

Still have not heard from Magpul directly.

OF

We're closing in on interest for 400 magazines.

I have also reached out and am going to reach out to the following vendors:

MidwayUSA
    McBride's Guns (local gun store here in Austin with an excellent reputation)
    Academy (local store tomorrow)
    LaRue Tactical (their HQ is very close to my house)

More as I hear it.

OF

Cross-post from other forums...

Here's a solid update...

I have received pricing & terms from:
    • GunMagWarehouse
    • SurplusAmmoSales
    • AIM Surplus
    • USCav - in progress (I owe them a bit of paperwork)
    • Academy - I have word from managers of the local store

No response yet from these guys:
    • Magpul - followed up again on Facebook
    • Grabagun
    • Palmetto State Armory
    • Western Sport
    • Primary Arms
    • Precision Rifle Supply
    • MidwayUSA - no response so far
    • McBride's Guns - following up on my inquiry
    • LaRue Tactical (They called me back this evening, but I was in an hour long meeting so I missed talking to them. Will call again tomorrow.)

Boolit Master
    I have ordered several times from Botach without issue as of late. The problems they had were several years ago. But, they are not showing my review of the Sierra Nevada Arms lower which the guy took 100's of thousands of dollars from Rockethub contributors while selling off that site. Because of that I wont do business with them ever again.

I have now received pricing from LaRue and USCavalry as well. McBride's also wants to give us a quote, but their buyer doesn't come back until Monday.

Got pricing today from McBride's. I'm going to PM everyone on all the forums tomorrow. I did other projects tonight with my son, and got sidetracked and now it's a bit too late to start on the group buy summary. More tomorrow.

Boolit Master

i like pmags, and now days you regularily see them in the mid $8 range, with a good gorup buy if you can get them down in the low $7 range or less id probably take a few (dont really need them lol).

Boolit Buddy
    What's going on with this buy ?