Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cz 75

Boolit Man

Cz 75

While looking in a local pawn shop I found a stainless 9mm CZ 75. It came home with me. Any suggestions for boolits or loads would be appreciated. I dont believe it has been fired.

You have a great pistol. They are well made, they balance well, and they are accurate. Although 9mm Lugar ammo is commonly available from 115gr to 147gr, I recommend 124gr-125gr ammo as the most versatile. In time you may find one manufacturer's ammo is better in that pistol than another. Use that ammo as the standard against which to compare any others, including reloads. You will really like the pistol.

Boolit Buddy
    It's been awhile since I've loaded some, so I won't give a powder or charge weight. But I use the RCBS 38-140-cm in my CZ75. Size them just small enough for reliable chambering. They've worked real well for me.

Moderator Emeritus

Lymans 356402 or 358242 121 gr bullets work well as does NOE's equivalents and their 135 gr boolit. I have a lot of AA2 and use that, start at 3.5 gr and work up for groups. It does well with almost any rated powder I have tried.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

I use a MP 359-125 in mine w/ great results. I shoot the solid version which weighs in at 135 grains. You won't find a better pistol either

Boolit Buddy

The budget minded Sig 210, the CZ75 ...... My B model SA is the most accurate 9mm I have. Might want to slug the bore and tune the ammo to the dia indicated. Mine is .3567 and does its best work with the 125gr bullet weights. think 38 sooper bullets. I'm testing the berrys 135 HB now, and it looks promising..

Boolit Grand Master

The CZ 75 is the only 9mm handgun I've had in a while. Love the ergonomics and the DA or cocked and lock feature. Mine is superbly accurate with the Lee 356-120-TC sized .357, lubed with BAC over 4 gr of Bullseye.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master

I have not found any load or bullet that mine does not like.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    I recommend reviewing this thread before doing any load workup: Setting up for boolits in a new 9mm.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Bub
    The 75 is awesome! Congrats on finding one in stainless. If memory serves from when I had mine, 135 grain was optimal for those.

Boolit Master
    Congrats, you got a superb weapon. I love mine. I have stuck with 120-125 gr. boolits and size all to .358. With Lyman 358242 122 gr. over Blue Dot 6.0 gr it's a tack driver, likewise with Lyman 356402. I also get fine accuracy with the Lee 356-125-2R over Red Dot/Promo 3.8 gr. I also use the Lee 356-120-TC.

Boolit Man
    thanks for all the information guys, in the middle of a firelapping project, need to finish. Then I can start this
    project.

Boolit Mold
    The only thing that I found you need to watch for when hand loading for CZ's is that they tend to be what some people have referred to as "short chambered" meaning the transition between the chamber and the rifling is somewhat abrupt.

I own three CZ's, two 75's (one stainless) and a P-01 and, depending on the bullet, I need to load a little shorter for all three, unlike my other 9mm's, or they won't chamber reliably with the bullet hitting the rifling before the cartridge is fully chambered leaving the slide out of battery.

Not a deal breaker by any means just something you might need to be aware of.

The CZ's are my favorites (the P -01 is my daily CC); very accurate and totally reliable for a couple thousand rounds now.

Boolit Master
    "The only thing that I found you need to watch for when hand loading for CZ's is that they tend to be what some people have referred to as "short chambered" meaning the transition between the chamber and the rifling is somewhat abrupt."

I agree with Y-T71. I determined the MAX COAL for each boolit I use in my CZ 75B and I found that the OAL specifications listed in the Lyman 4th Ed CB Handbook worked perfectly for my weapon.

I have owned several of them over the years. I presently own an 85 Combat, Shadowline and a 75D Compact. They all shoot like lasers. My IDPA/IPSC load is 4.1 gr of 231 under the Lyman 356402 boolit sized .357 using a soft lube. I have yet to find a 9MM bullet the guns won't eat all day.

Great design. I may pick up the 75B Brushed Stainless as it just has "Buy Me" written all over it. I put a 13# mainspring in my guns to lighten the trigger pull. Makes the longer shots a lot easier to make.

Shoot the heck out of it and give it to your grand children when you get close to the end of your time.

Take Care

Bob
    ps Loading the 9mm is not rocket science. Use manual loads with a decent bullet and you will never be disappointed.
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

I've been shooting and reloading for the CZ75/85 since 88', never found a load it didn't like. Used to shoot ISPC with it back the early 90s.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Master

I have a p-07 duty. It needs a .358 boolit. Thr RCBS 124 TC mold was not large enough. Slug the bore.

On Heaven's Range

[QUOTE= The RCBS 124 TC mold was not large enough. .[/QUOTE]

Yes. With clip-on wheelweight alloy, my RCBS 124 TC mould drops bullets at barely .355"..... this is too small for my tastes (and the tastes of my guns, apparently).
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    Yes. With clip-on wheelweight alloy, my RCBS 124 TC mould drops bullets at barely .355"..... this is too small for my tastes (and the tastes of my guns, apparently).
    I size all my boolits .357. At .356 they were tumbling Bruce. I feel your pain though. Your mould isn`t going to be much use for producing 9M'M boolits.

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

On Heaven's Range

Agreed.

I'm the "proud" possessor of quite a bit of tooling from my know-nothing days of many years ago. I even have bullet-sizing sizing dies of NOMINAL .354, .355, and .356....all of which might end up being lapped to different (and more-useful) sizes. As is, they remind me of the old definition of mammaries on bulls!

My .357 die actually sizes at .356, which MIGHT serve in the two new-to-me 9mms in my stable (Ruger LC9 and S&W M39).

Like you, I discovered that .357 (and even .358) gave me better 9mm results than anything smaller. IF the pistols will accept .358, I might try it.... my ".359" die yields .358" bullets.

The sizing dies must be tested to see what diameters they REALLY deliver. My dies live in the small-size prescription pill bottles, each bottle with tape labels identifying both the number stamped on the die, AND the actual sizing diameter for that die.

My RCBS moulds are fine devices.... but they do tread perilously close to being too small in most calibers. That 9mm is a mould I hadn't used at all, despite having owned it for at least five years. I was disappointed, but not surprised.

A friend loaned me his 6-cavity Lee 124 RN mould, and they drop at .357+.... very nice. I think I'll order a 6-cav Lee for the 9mm 120TC bullet, which is highly recommended by knowledgeable friends.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen