Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cut myself in the face

Boolit Master

cut myself in the face

Yesterday morning i had off from work and decided i would go out to dig some ginseng. Drove to where i was going to sang and loaded up the ruger srh 44 with some ratshot and 429421's and laid my hoe onto the across the bed toolbox. I shut the door of the truck and apparently the tip of my hoe handle was inside the swing of the closing door. The weight and speed of the closing door spun the head of the hoe around the rear of the cab at an amazing speed and the head ofnthe hoe struck me in the face between my left eye and across the bridge of the nose. The force was great enough that it knocked me to the ground and semi unconsience. When i came to blood was gushing down my face and when i was hit it knocked my truck keys out of my hands. The door was locked and closed just enough to partially latch so it would not open. I held pressure ovet the wound and was looking for my keys in the weeds. I finally found them and opened the truck door and grabbed a clean t-shirt that was laying on the seat and wiped my face to look in the mirror to see what i had done to myself. 2-1/2" cut about 1/4" wide right beside my eye and i could see my skull!
    I jumped in the truck and drove myself home while holding pressure on the wound and did the best i could with my right eye. Once home i woke the wife up nearly scared her to death when she seen what i had done. She drove me to the er where i received 15 stiches. Today i have a whopper of a black eye nearly swelled shut and a huge scar that i am having trouble dealing with in the middle of my face as i know it will be for life. I am thankfull it missed my eye though.
    I am certain many of us have laid whatever on the toolbox and shut the door with no incidents. I myself have prolly hundreds of times. I will not do so ever again, NEVER AGAIN!
    I am currently waiting for my 71 year old father to arrive so we can go sanging together this morning as it is a wonderful cool morning here in wv.
    Anyhow, i am just venting and hopefully this story will stick with someone and perhaps save an unnecessary accident for one of you in the future.
    Lab

Ouch, it is amazing how quick some things can happen. Hope you heal up soon.

Love Life
    You'll have sweet scar that you can claim you got whipping 4 people in a bar fight. I'm a glass half full kind of guy!

Banned
    You are lucky it missed your eye scars I got those too after awhile you learn to live with em just be careful of secondary infection.

Glad to read it wasn't worse.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Ouch!

Boolit Master
    This thread needs pictures.
    Dennis Eugene "You know why no one panic buys 30-06? Because people who shoot 30-06 don't panic"

Perma-Banned

That sucks. WE are our worst enemies sometimes.

Boolit Grand Master

Glad you'll heal. Chicks dig scars.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Get some frankinsense oil from your whole foods store and use that. Helps healing w face wounds really well. Did the same thing putting a bucket of wheel weights on a dolly

Perma-Banned
    I used to cut my face right regular. then I quit shavin' & the problem went away.

Boolit Buddy
    Have a plastic surgen look at it and do it to day! If you wait it will be forever. Don't say you are to poor. Find the money some how. Sell a gun it will be the best investment you ever make.

Dave C.
    Distinguished, Master,2600 club, President 100 badge holder.

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    It seems those facial-scalp wounds bleed the worse, ain't much meat covering the blood vessels, it makes the bones and ligaments show through.

Time heals scars, they tend to be like a calendar, you will always remember the day, time and circumstances that caused them.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Buddy

So glad it didn't hit your eye as this could have been so much worse. I will keep you in my prayers for quick healing and comfort. Take care of yourself and glad it wasn't worse than it could have been.
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    You'll have sweet scar that you can claim you got whipping 4 people in a bar fight. I'm a glass half full kind of guy!
    That would be much less embarasing than what really happened.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Eugene View Post
    This thread needs pictures.
    I am not much on posting pics, pm me your mobile # and i would be happy to send you pics. You could post them to this thread if you like.
    Lab

Boolit Grand Master

Good luck, you are fortunate not to have damaged the eye.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

I was using a 4' long length of 5" Dia pipe as a "persuader" on a chain wrench at work years ago. The pipe slipped off and I caught it on the way down with the bridge of my nose. Not good.
    A few days later, the crew that I worked with couldn't resist the temptation any longer, and embarked on a marathon, pass the baton razz fest. At about the time I figured it wasn't going to end peacefully, a female voice cried out from the other side of the shop. "I THINK THAT'S THE SEXIEST SCAR I'VE SEEN LATELY!!!" Thus endeth the crisis, and all further commentary.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Your a lucky man ,,, god saved your sight ..
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Boolit Buddy
    glad your ok could of been bad.thank GOD it was not your eye.
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast