Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: range today

Boolit Mold

range today

I shot some of my first cast boolits today. Some 9mm 126 gr LRN made from clip on WWs. No keyholing, all functioned flawlessly and were probably more accurate than any factory ammo I've shot. Very minimal leading. I can hardly believe I can make high quality ammo for PENNIES. I'm surprised the barry darr lube I made worked as well as it did.

Boolit Master

You're hooked now.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Good job, keep up the good work.

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome to the dark side. It's all downhill from here.
    "Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one--the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts.." - C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Boolit Master
    Pennies? PENNINES!?!

HA!

Come back in a year or two and we'll talk pennines once you've had time to really get into it. Custom molds need custom sizers which needs another Mdie which needs another this and another that.....You're probably thinking this mold will do it....but it won't. Neither will the next 15 molds you buy. Once you get "lead poisoning" you can't help yourself.

You're screwed dude but we have a lot fun!
    Kudos on your first ones. Feels pretty sweet, yeah?

Yep! That's how it starts. Congrats, i know how it feels and it is sweet. I haven't fired another jacketed bullet since coming here a year ago. Nothing against em...just don't need em!

It's a strange kind of satisfying when you take molten metal, pour it into a mold, lube, size, and load. Then to utter amazement have them shoot as good or better than any jacketed handload you had previously made.

Congrads!

Boolit Master

"I made that ammo"....a great feeling when it all works out and you see good results.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DeanWinchester View Post
    Pennies? PENNINES!?!

HA!

Come back in a year or two and we'll talk pennines once you've had time to really get into it. Custom molds need custom sizers which needs another Mdie which needs another this and another that.....You're probably thinking this mold will do it....but it won't. Neither will the next 15 molds you buy. Once you get "lead poisoning" you can't help yourself.

You're screwed dude but we have a lot fun!
    Kudos on your first ones. Feels pretty sweet, yeah?
    And after all that you will have become delusional and still think you are saving money!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

All last year only had one mold and had no problems with that. Spring hit and just had to get 4 more and ya more lead to cast all those boolits.

Welcome to the addiction !!!
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers