RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stereotypes at the Range

Boolit Man

Stereotypes at the Range

Deleted
    Last edited by Phineas Bluster; 01-28-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Boolit Master
    Thankfully I haven't run into all of them... yet.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master

Stereotypes at the Range

I would have some major issues w/ all but the Noob. They have a reason for not being safe. They left out the fast draw guy. He has the pistol on the table. Slaps his hands together then raises them above his head. Takes a deep breath then grabs pistol, shoots full mag. Drops mag from pistol and fumbles getting one out of his pocket(he has eight hundred because every article of clothing he's wearing is "tactical") and back into the pistol. Fires that mag and then slams the pistol back on the bench, hands fly back up above head, and let's out a long breath like he just gave birth. Check target, not one hit. In the meantime my step daughter has hit 10 X at 50 w/ open sights on a 10/22 :laugh:

Love Life
    I got flagged a bunch by a guy here at the local range. I told him if he fired a shot in my direction that I would defend myself. He packed his stuff and left in a ruckus after wining to the range officer. Range officer had my back.

I hate unsafe people at the range. Hate is the correct term as they put everybody at serious risk because they are retards.

Boolit Master

They forgot the guy that fires two shots then stands around waiting for the line to clear so he can check his target.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 500MAG View Post
    They forgot the guy that fires two shots then stands around waiting for the line to clear so he can check his target.
    Hey, that resembles me sometimes. But I'm in no hurry to check my target. I just like to watch the idiots from time to time.

Boolit Grand Master

I have seen alot of these guys at our local club ( unfortunatly its a private club so they are even members). I really enjoy the guts trying to shoot the tacticals with all the "attachments" at 200 yds with no clue. Some of those red dot sights are covering the whole target at 200 yds or close to it. Since Im normally shooting one of my BPCR rifles I occasional get to hear complaints about my smoke also. Had one there every sunday bragging about his AR so one sunday I brought my AR-10 along. He came down asked if it was 243 or 308 I told him 22-250 he told me I was wrong as they never made one in that caliber. I told him armalight didnt but I did. He looked at a round of my ammo went back to his buddy telling him I would be able to shoot groups as my ammo was wrong for the rifle. First group was right at 3/4" at 200 yds. I do try to keep line safe and sane but I also set up on far left bench so I can see whats going on also. The new shooters are normally not the issue as they are willing and wanting to learn. Its the wanna bees and pesudo know it alls that are annoying. I had one telling me how much more powerful his AR in 223 was than my M1 A in 308 or the garand in 30-06 inb the case. Theres all kinds out there, the trick is educating or avoiding them.

Surprised me when I watched myself in a couple of those clips!

I saw a guy with a AR of some kind start walking down range doing some kind of marching fire thing while every one else was still shooting. He had his tact a cool costume stuff on and two little sweeties there to watch.

The thing about most of these guys is that if they do get in a SHTF scenario most will probably be dead before they get half a mag off.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    The thing about most of these guys is that if they do get in a SHTF scenario most will probably be dead before they get half a mag off.
    And that is a good thing! Darwin had it right.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    Everytime I get into one of those conversations you should see the stunned looks when I say I will be thanking those that leave a supply of guns and ammo laying around for me to use
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Buddy
    pray and spray!!!

Boolit Master

Some people ---
    should not have access to anything more technologically advanced than a CRAYON.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Quote Originally Posted by gray wolf View Post
    some people ---
    should not have access to anything more technologically advanced than a crayon.
    (roflmao!!!!)

Most of those guys (save "the Olympic one handed") are well on their way to Darwin awards...sadly though I think I've seen all of them at the range i go to.

Boolit Master
    Wow, I after reading everyone's comments, I did not realize how fortunate I was. I have not been to a public range in many years!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    You guys don't have any fudds (fuddy-duddy) at your ranges? *jealous*

Some of our ranges, you show up with an AR or anything black with a mag and you get these old guys with bolt-action-only's criticizing everything and giving you a "not sure if you should be shooting that here." (i don't require your permission!)

Unfortunately they're pretty common.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    Wow, I after reading everyone's comments, I did not realize how fortunate I was. I have not been to a public range in many years!
    No public ranges for me. They're all private but they let everyone in if they pay. Which actually led to an argument because they let a lot of Chinese people join. The issue is that they either refuse to or don't speak English. It creates a serious safety issue at the range when you can't communicate w/ everyone. Still waiting to see how the board straightens this one out.

I get looks from most because I shoot levers and revolvers in cartridges that aren't NATO approved. I like when the old guys are there because I can talk to them. I don't speak Mall Ninja so I can't communicate w/ the Tacticool clowns. But I still support their rights to look like the clowns they are doing all things mall ninja. I can't say that much about certain sects of the shooting "community".

Boolit Master
    ^^^^^
    So you are basically going to a public range. You just have to buy memberships.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast