Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DEADBEAT - Terry/Hazel Grindle/smokingguns/Old Fart Maddog2020/revolverfan2

Boolit Master
    THis is my first time looking at the deadbeats section. I was ashamed to find that the "grindles" are from NC. And, not too far from me. (less than 2 hrs drive.) If I were able to help, I'd do so. However, knowing the LEO attitude in that area, (my brother lives near the area,) I can see how they don't want to get involved. HOWEVER, now that there has been other criminal charges, a polite call to the DA in the county where they were arrested MIGHT help put this scum away. Next, a formal written complaint to the USPS and filed properly, along with notices of their arrests COULD possiblily get more action.

In Remembrance

I would caution you all (y'all, as they say down south) that threatening to do any sort of bodily harm is the basis for the charge of assault. Battery is the carrying out of assault. So, assault and battery is two charges.

Please don't be verbalizing any imaginary assault desires or threats in this forum.

Ken doesn't need to have any issues with the Grindles complaining about assault from here.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Banned

That bit of legal language does NOT apply to all states.

OK come on this is not the place to argue about semantics. This is a thread meant to warn all members here to watch out for dealings with the deadbeats! steve k swapping and selling moderator
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Banned

my apologies Sir.

If they were in Saskatoon Id sure stop by and say hello to them. I dont take too kindly to this type of conduct. I know it is very difficult to charge in these circumstances as we have a hard time with that up here too with all kinfs of frauds. But they can always use a good talkin too by a uniform and it usually leads to us findin somethin else to arrest them on while we are there.

Boolit Master

Just wanted to point out it's a different Oldfart not me,I'm SSG Oldfart in Texas
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 12-30-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: fat finger

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    Just wanted to point out it's a different Oldfart not me,I'm SSG Oldfart in Texas
    We know. And we love you.

Boolit Mold

deadbeat

i am familar with the area where he lives and where he lived also...have a friend that lives around the curve ...called him and he says it is a run down trailer park.. the miller st address is a lot of lower class mill village type houses where the crime rate is high...if i get a chance next tuesday(i have a appointment in gastonia) i will find it and see what i can see..also am friends with the sherrif of gaston co and will speak to him the next time i get a chance..but saying that you have to understand they cannot act unless they have a act committed in their jurisdiction and also have a complainant that can come to court to testify...that is why when you start a trade or attempt to buy..we are all taking a certain amount of chance...

Boolit Mold
    Dumb me send T Grindle $25 for 10mm mag. Here is address
    T Grindle
    p.o. box 84
    meldrim,ga 31318
    P.S. If I find you will kick your ***. Broken legs and arms 99% promise.

and let me guess....no mag right?
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

I unfortunately entered into a trade with Grindle. Wasn't until after I sent my rifle to him that I realized who he was. Needless to say, nothing but lies and run around. When it was all said and done, I received a firearm that was less than described and didn't receive the $100 that was agreed upon.

I wish there was something that I could do to resolve it, but I don't know where to start.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Does he ever do business out of GA. I saw it was mentioned. If so, what is the address or city he's in? I'll see if I know any LEO's that work there. It's a longshot, but I'll ask around. I'm thinking it might just be mail fraud and out of their jurisdiction.

Assault is swinging at someone. Battery is if you hit them. In GA Aggravated Assault is our term for attempted murder. The terms do get confusing when you look at the different level of each charge. Threatening someone can in GA can be terroristic threats. A lot of this stuff kinda depends on the Magistrate's interpretation and whether the individual involved is a pain in the ***. In small towns, the charges tend to be a bit smaller when they get their head handed to them.

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

His mailing address is in Georgia.
    Doing business as "Gun Doctor".
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Just read all the way through here. It's been quite an education.

Blasted hellish frozen northern wastelands, AKA Minnesota
    The mug shot pictures taken after the knife/tire iron/gun fight with the neighbor lady were just the frosting on the cake. You don't think that bunch spends any of their ill gotten gains on booze and meth, do ya?

Could we perhaps "google bomb" his name and all known screen names so this thread shows up in response to any searches related to his name...
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Boolit Master
    Duke,

read up a little more.

Assault is the physical attempt to do bodily harm.
    Battery is the physical act of doing bodily harm.

Threatening is the verbal attempt to exercise your Constitutional Rights in most every state.

Boolit Man

re: defination of assault

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sharpshooter View Post
    Duke,

read up a little more.

Assault is the physical attempt to do bodily harm.
    Battery is the physical act of doing bodily harm.

Threatening is the verbal attempt to exercise your Constitutional Rights in most every state.
    Not trying to split hairs here but there is more the the definition of "assault"

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm.

The act required for an assault must be overt. Although words alone are insufficient, they might create an assault when coupled with some action that indicates the ability to carry out the threat.

There can be no assault if the act does not produce a true apprehension of harm in the victim. There must be a reasonable fear of injury. The usual test applied is whether the act would induce such apprehension in the mind of a reasonable person. The status of the victim is taken into account.

"Legalese" I know, but the nuances are important.

Blasted hellish frozen northern wastelands, AKA Minnesota
    Wouldn't throwing him to a pack of hungry lawyers be more fun than throwing him a ski mask party anyhow? Bruises and broken bones heal, felony records are forever.

(edit)
    A felony will lose him his FFL too (if he has one).
    Last edited by Bert2368; 01-24-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Boolit Buddy
    jimkim,

This low-life,scum sucker was on this board doing business in the swapping and selling section between 9-16-2011 and 11-20-2011. He was posting under the name "smokingguns" and I was unfortunate enough to make a deal with him. He said that he engraved guns and the address I mailed him at was: The Gun Doctor, P.O. Box 84. Meldrim GA 31318. Meldrim is off is off i-16 about 10 miles or so West of i-95 near Savannah.
    Here is some of the things he told me in PM's for being slow to send me the stuff I had traded for:
    1- He couldn't get out to his shop. It was raining and didn't want to get his wheel chair wet.
    2- His mother-in-law had to have emergency surgery and it turned out to be cancer.
    3- He had a bunch of appointments at the V.A.
    4- On 11-20-2011 the last time I heard from him, He stated that he had back surgery schedule for the 27 of the month.

While I was in contact with him I saw post after post where he was making deals with other members. At one time he said he had a lot of wood walnut etc. to sale. He was posting all over the place. I even saw one post stating he was a straight shooter. I went back to check after he stopped returning my posts. Everything on the board by him is gone, even his handle. I still have all the PM's he sent me on my computer. I wonder how many others members were ripped off. Take Care,
    What this Country needs is more unemployed politicians

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast