Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: What do Wheel Weights go for in your area?

Boolit Buddy

What do Wheel Weights go for in your area?

Its a bit weird around here. The local scrap yard pays just $.10 a pound for wheel weights. However the wheel weight supplier that deals with the tire shops provides them recycling boxes, the boxes hold 40lb and they pay the shop $15 per box which works out to $.375. Before I knew the scrap value I bought a 120 pound bucket from a shop for $50 which works out to $.41 a pound. I just posted a WTB ad on our online locals sales at $.15 a pound with pickup to see if I get any hits. I'm not sure why the weight distributor is paying so much when the recycling center is only paying $.10 a pound but that sounds awfully cheap.

Moderator Emeritus

My scrap yard pays per pound $0.40 for mixed and $0.45 for lead. I will not pay more than $20 for a full bucket. Found that out after I had dumped my scrap ww's in with all my other scrap . I have a guy that services trucks and his ww's are almost all lead with only a few steel/zinc. Usually get two or three buckets a year from him.

Boolit Buddy
    Well I guess the $50 I paid for 120 pounds wasn't that bad. Just seems weird that the scrap yard is only paying $.10 per pound, its almost like they're advertising that they aren't interested. We'll see if I get any hits off the local board.

Just got a quote for $30. per 5 gal. bucket. No idea if they're clip on or stick on, yet.

Boolit Bub
    $70 for 5 gal bucket. I scrounge and find some here and there. I won't pay that much.

Boolit Master
    My area recyclers pay .15 # and sell it for $1.00 #. I usually buy buckets of ww's for $15.00 each.
    Lab

Boolit Buddy
    Recycler here is selling it to me for $.15/lb. I think that's about what he pays. Picked up 50 lbs. today for $8.
    "Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one--the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts.." - C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters