Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You Know You Are Addicted To Casting ..... add to the list

Banned

when you finally find that mold you know will cast the right diameters to fit that gun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    youuu finally remember you sold off months ago, as you stand there looking at it.

and buy it anyway.

Boolit Master
    When you mostly go shooting for gaining lead....

Boolit Grand Master

When you resist the urge to buy a pair of wheel weight pliers......all the time.
    When you realize that you really do have your mind in the gutter......especially while driving.
    When all of your pants and boots have lead splatter permanently infused in them.
    When you get all the law mower people you know to keep an eye out for lead for you.
    When you meet a metallurgist and carry on a half hour conversation about alloys and tell him something be didn't know.
    When you know more than anybody else at the range about ballistics......every time.
    When everybody you meet wants to talk about guns and shooting lead boolits....weird.
    When you get more excited about the custom mold you bought than the rifle you bought to shoot it in.
    When castboolits.com is your homepage.
    When you have the castboolits coffee cup, mousepad,T-shirt, boxer shorts, dinner plates, bumper stickers, and shoulder patch.
    When you would actually trade firearms for lead.
    Last edited by MBTcustom; 09-22-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

...when you're in the car with your Family and they taunt you with: "look, there's a wheelweight!"

...when you buy a gift for someone and you calculate how many molds you could have bought with that same money.

... when you use mold numbers for passcodes to things.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

...yes I think I have the bug, I can open the door to my ammo storage area and plainly see 20 100 round ammo boxes stacked neatly in 4 rows 5 high yes 2000 rounds loaded ready to shoot, and then look down and see a .50 cal can marked with 90 pounds with 2500 cast 255g Keith SWC ready to load....

.....then I think wow I really need to cast some more .44 bullets this weekend, but everyone has there vice, I don't smoke or drink, but I do cast
    μολών λαβέ

Boolit Master
    The wife just loves the three foot stick/para-cord/magnet set up that gets whipped out in intersections and the Sb discussion to follow. She really likes it even more when I park and get out for that one COWW.

Boolit Master

When you pick up a WW and figure out how many boolits you can cast and not mind your family laughing about it.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Bub
    When your 2 1/2 year old asks his Sunday school teacher if she knows where he could find any WWs

Boolit Master
    When your walk out to the 100 yard bunker takes 3 times longer than it should because your picking up spent pistol bullets there and back.

Motor

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    Add to the list and see how many indications there are to being totally and hopelessly addicted to boolit casting

When you spend 5 minutes digging a wheel weight out of asphalt with your pocket knife.

When you buy a mold for a gun you hope to someday have.

Just before you leave home to buy tires, you remove all the wheel weights.
    I dug up a ww in a parking lot today....I'm doomed
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    ..the moment you realize your girlfriend washed the spoon you use to remove dross off your pot. The same spoon you were just using to eat delicious Americone Dream from Ben & Jerry's. Forever unclean.

Boolit Master
    Lawd....I see myself in so many of these posts I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How many have stopped by that place where their tearing down that old farmhouse...with a big box of donuts...and asked about any lead pipe? Or drove around on "Big Item Pick-up Day" looking for the tossed out pool cleaning tools? The ones with the lead weight in the bottom. This is sad.....Audie...the addict...

""when you use mold numbers for passcodes to things.""

This one I will use thanks

Banned
    When people think you have a degree in metallurgy, because of the way you talk about lead.

Boolit Bub
    When doing odd jobs, people pay me in lead (fishing weights, wheel weights, and the kind from old windows)

Boolit Mold
    when you go into work on your day off to save the good ww's from the scrap bucket

Go to the recycling place to get some lead, find almost 50 lbs of linotype and feel like you found gold!

When you use your 451-230-r cull boolits for 1/2 oz sinkers!
    By the way they work great.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Buddy
    When you buy another gun in a caliber you don't have just to create the casting "opportunity".

Boolit Master

.........when your friends are over shooting into your berm you just stand back and smile knowing that the lead stash is just piling up for later.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast