WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Rossi Rio Grande on Clearance at Wal Mart

Banned

Rossi Rio Grande on Clearance at Wal Mart

Was browsing today, they had one marked "Clearance" for $297. I had the guy let me look at it and I liked what I saw, looks like a close copy of the Marlin, but seemed like the fit and finish is better than current production.

I really don't need another .30-30, but must admit I was tempted. Is Wal Mart clearing out all the Rossis or was it just this store?

Boolit Grand Master

Saw a similar thread a few days ago, sounds like a great deal for a decent gun.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...43#post2940443
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned

I may just have to go back and get it. I have only ever bought one gun at Wal Mart and it was kind of a hassle. I have a bunch of .30-30 rifles, oddly though, no Marlin lever guns in it (gave one to #1 son a while back). I actually liked the looks and feel of this Rossi better than modern production Marlins.

I have one of the Rossi '92 clones in .45 Colt made before they started putting safeties on them and I like it. If these are of the same quality, that's a lot of rifle for the money.

Boolit Master

Walmart doesn't sell guns in CA. Yeah, yeah I don't blame them either.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Moderator Emeritus

Or NJ - can't wait to leave.

Boolit Mold
    Your welcome in Texas.

Boolit Buddy
    I just bought mine in MT for $267
    they must not want to carry them anymore
    Last edited by ravelode; 09-24-2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: addendum

Boolit Grand Master

Had to stay out of the gun section at wally world last night because of this thread, lol.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I checked 2 WM today and they were not on sale at either store here in Florida.They were asking $506.00 for a blued one!! Damn i was going to buy one at the 297.00 price!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1950 View Post
    I checked 2 WM today and they were not on sale at either store here in Florida.They were asking $506.00 for a blued one!! Damn i was going to buy one at the 297.00 price!
    The price mine was marked down from was $397.00 so $506 seems high for a Rossi

Boolit Master
    our walmart had a bunch of guns on clearance I stayed far away from gun case so they would not jump in my cart!

Boolit Master
    Another option for a 30/30 lever gun in that price range is a pawn shop. I looked at a nice JM Marlin and a mid 90's Winchester yesterday. $275 each. They also had several more Winchesters for $300. I looked the Rossi Rio Grande a few months ago and no way was it comparable in quality to either of the rifles I looked at yesterday.