Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Drop in replacement trigger job needed for a Sig 1911 Tac Pac

Banned

Drop in replacement trigger job needed for a Sig 1911 Tac Pac

I need a drop in replacement trigger job for my 1911 Sig Tac Pac. I don't wish to modify the existing trigger parts so if the gun ever requires work I can simply drop in the original parts and its warrantee is still good. So, are the 1911 Sig parts the same as a standard Colt or Colt clones that are out there? I require a nice crisp 3.5 trigger pull with no creep. I have looked thru Brownells catalog and they don't list the Sig 1911 among their Sig list. The gun is absolutely deadly accurate and its only flaw is its 10lb trigger pull.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    C&S,Nowlin,Wilson all make drop in trigger kits! I would rather pay a GOOD Gunsmith to just do a 3.5 lb. trigger job to it. I doubt it would hurt resale value. Used is used!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Banned
    A good 'smith is worth the money but the turn around time is usually an issue with anyone good (not the hack down the street ... not if this is a defense gun). I put a C&S 3.5# trigger kit in a Springfield and am very happy with it. If you can strip your 1911 you should be able to swap the parts. If you can let the pistol out of our sight for some time you might get slightly better results from a good 'smith.

Banned
    The warrantee isn't any good if the gun is altered thus the idea of a drop in trigger job. The original parts could be put back in if the gun needed service.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    The warrantee isn't any good if the gun is altered thus the idea of a drop in trigger job. The original parts could be put back in if the gun needed service.
    Hi,
    I guess I don't think about the warrantee as I do my own gunwork. I have spent the time and money to educate myself as it is a hobby to me. I would rather spend the money on a jig or whatever tool I might need and do the job myself than pay someone to do it? Just me I guess!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Banned
    I'm thinking along the lines of purchasing a Power Series I universal Stoning Fixture and doing my own trigger job. Anyone had experience with this particular unit?

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I've got the 1&2 jigs! They are excellent and hold their value very well!
    Last edited by seagiant; 09-30-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    C&S Tactical. You'll never look back!!

Boolit Master

there's only so much "drop in" in drop ins, start with a C&S for a full kit, but it make require work to get it where you want it.