WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Supplies in San Antonio?

Supplies in San Antonio?

I moved to the San Antonio area last December. Really enjoying the Hill Country. Got the moving and unpacking behind me (twice). Got my CHL, the garage built, and the reloading area set back up. I've been to several local ranges, got a membership at Bandera. So now it's time to start loading brass again. Want to keep the supplies stocked.

I prefer to deal with local vendors for powder and primers. I had all my sources lined up in Ga. I brought a good supply with me; but would like to know if there are any recommendations in the San Antonio - Kerrville area for powder and primers.

Thanks

Nagle's on San Pedro will have everything you want or need.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Nagle's on San Pedro will have everything you want or need.
    Thanks CG. I can even drop SWMBO off at Quarry Market! Looks like an amazing place.

Banned
    Nagel's is OK at best, been there waaaay too long, and stuff is so piled and cluttered you can't find squat. Many of the staff aren't terribly knowledgeable, IME. Drury's doesn't carry reloading equipment. Patten's out on Old Blanco/Borgfield is fairly good. Inventory is nowhere near Nagel's, but owner and staff are more knowledgeable, and you can actually see the inventory.

I never depend on any store employee for information and knowledge. I tell them what I want. If they have it they hand it to me and check me out. If they don't have it, I leave without making a purchase.

I don't care what you are buying, if you don't know what you want, you are open to being misled or being lead around by the nose by employees of the store. Even the most knowledgeable are there to make a sale and not to help you.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

The Powder Horn on the 410 feeder just north or HWY-90 has had a good supply of powder and primers lately

if your close to Kerrville go by Gibson on Texas 27 going out of town a mile are so they have a little of everything, nagler is the place if you looking for something odd everything else is to high priced, powder horn is good to, Bexar community shooting range out on trainer hale road they usually have shotgun, pistol powders and get your primers at academy but when i was working in Austin and living in SA i had better luck at Cabelas if you there on delivery day good luck finding what you need some time its a tough hunt i no i just got back from Foley Alabama visiting in-laws and i look at every store i seen there and back and found very little of what i needed.

MR O
    Remember sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I never depend on any store employee for information and knowledge. I tell them what I want. If they have it they hand it to me and check me out. If they don't have it, I leave without making a purchase.

I don't care what you are buying, if you don't know what you want, you are open to being misled or being lead around by the nose by employees of the store. Even the most knowledgeable are there to make a sale and not to help you.
    Yeah...good example of Nagle's employee knowledge...me: "Hi, I'm looking to see of you have any Ruger Blackhawks in either .45 Colt or .44 Special." Employee: "Ruger only makes .44 Magnums". Me: "um, yeah...".
    Forgot about the Powderhorn, haven't been there since Bob died. Don't even know if David and the family still own it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charley View Post
    Yeah...good example of Nagle's employee knowledge...me: "Hi, I'm looking to see of you have any Ruger Blackhawks in either .45 Colt or .44 Special." Employee: "Ruger only makes .44 Magnums". Me: "um, yeah...".
    Forgot about the Powderhorn, haven't been there since Bob died. Don't even know if David and the family still own it.
    Your reply: Nope Ruger makes plenty of 45s and let me talk to somebody who is familiar with the Ruger line of products.

You can find powder and primers at Lone Star Loading in Boerne, and JM has some reloading components at Bandera Gun Club. I'm a member there and have bought j_words from him. Gibsons has stuff too but they're a little pricey. Welcome to the Texas Hill Country dudel!
    Your career doesn't define the man you are, what kinda Dad you are does!

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

I forgot about Bandera Gun Club. I am a member too and often JM has powder when no one else does. I never heard of Lone Star in Boerne, but then I buy 85-90% of my supplies on line.

Can do on Kerrville! It's a bit further than San Antonio; but shorter drive time. Thanks for the tip.

In Boerne, so definitely need to check out Lone Star. thanks.