WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Im not sure what I did but I know it isn't right

Boolit Master
    Thanks! Awhile back I got hold of a thermometer with a probe designed to be placed into a stove pipe and I have not had time to try it in my pot yet. Based on what you tell me, it should work.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    Thanks! Awhile back I got hold of a thermometer with a probe designed to be placed into a stove pipe and I have not had time to try it in my pot yet. Based on what you tell me, it should work.
    yes theoretically it should, but I would need to see the model as there could be issues.

1- how long is the probe.
    2- I do not think it will be accurate , but to about +/- say 20% - 25% of the full scale. maybe even less.
    3- is the head sealed

you can be off by 50- 75 or so degrees in a flue pipe and it not be a big deal , but for casting I would suggest something way more accurate for repeatability . As stated over a 1000° I fell comfortable with a 10° ( 1% ) variance, but any more ???? If you need one shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

also most of the flue thermometers I see are not sealed at the head, so it could cause temp fluctuations with a draft or off readings if something gets in there . A good bimetal is hermetically sealed

Boolit Master
    I do have a "lead" thermometer as well so when time allows I can fire up the rendering pot and do a comparison. Won't be till after hunting season though. Priorities you know!
    R.D.M.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123