Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: RCBS 3-way trimmer

Banned

RCBS 3-way trimmer

I just got one of these to try out. I HATE! trimming brass. The 223 to me seems to stretch more then some of the other rounds I shoot. It is so small it really hurts my hands to do the trimming on the inside and outside of the mouth.

I thought I'd buy one of these and see how it works. I just got it set up and it seems to work OK. Anyone that has used one or had one have anything they would like to say about these?

Boolit Master
    Mine works OK too. I hate the RCBS trim pro though. Second one I've had fall apart on me. Absolute junk and pricey too.

I also have a forster and their 3 way trimmer and like that one a bit more than the RCBS.

Boolit Buddy
    I have 3 of them, got them for a good deal. They work decent enough that it saves me some steps. I would rather have a Giraud tri-way but those are too pricey to have one for each caliber.

Boolit Master
    I have one also. Quick to change between calibers. Finicky getting the cutter adjusted correctly. Once the cutter is adjusted, easy to use. I am sure other machines are faster but this machine is hands free except changing the cartridge.

In Remembrance
    I have 1 and don't use it much. Some cases I take a lot of material off, others not so much. Seems the brass chips like to pack themselves on the cutter for the outside chamfer area. It'll go OK at first but after a few I need to brush out the brass trimmings.

Now I have custom 3-way cutters, those can take .100 off in the blink of an eye without the brass trimmings getting packed in the cutter area. But keep in mind I do volume and have a 2100RPM drill hooked up to it.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Banned

I have a drill hooked up also. Hopefully it is not going to be too bad. I have only done a couple to set it up for right now.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one on my trim pro used for 223. I hooked a drill to it and it worked fine for the 2000 shells I trimmed. I have not had a problem with the chips sticking in the cutter. I bought it to same time one step does it all.

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    I had an RCBS Trim Pro automated with that head. Head worked well, but Trim Pro was fairly slow and cumbersome. Sold it, bought the Dillon 1200 Trimmer with trim dies. Put it on my progressive press with an RCBS Lube die ahead of it and a small Shop Vac vacuum attached to the trimmer. Now I lube, size/trim on the press, tumble clean, then swap out the trimmer setup for a primer/powder/bullet seating setup. Very fast, very clean, a little noisy (wear hearing protection), but absolutely wonderful for high volume trimming.

Worth every nickle I paid for it. Cheaper than the Giraud, but with the progressive press and the lube/trim/size function all included, it ends up being much less work than the Giraud and about the same or faster overall production. No other trimming/cutting needed.

Really helped with 5000 .223 cartridges. Made life easy.