RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Lyman/Ideal 45 Issue-need Suggestions

Boolit Master

Lyman/Ideal 45 Issue-need Suggestions

It appears my lubrisizer threads are stripped on the either the base or the tube. It turns when applying more pressure to the lube. It can be moved up and down slightly by hand and lube is now leaking out of the base where it attaches..

Any suggestions on how to lock it down so it will still be useable? I had hoped to continue to use it as dedicated sizer for my 45 caliber rounds.

Boolit Master
    Check out the lyman 45 guide in the stickies. Lots of good info about disassembly etc. My advice is to take it apart then you'll know for sure what issue requires attention. Then post pic of the failure for analysis and repair ideas.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master
    Disassemble, thoroughly clean the threaded areas, JB Weld the two parts, let cure, reassemble.

Boolit Buddy
    Clean it several time before the JB Weld. Rough up the surfaces with coarse sandpaper. If you prep right JB weld is about 50% of a real weld. It will do about 1200psi or like moderate braze job.
    Ed C

Moderator Emeritus

Yep, I think it's time for that sizer to be completely disassembled and cleaned...if you go the JB weld route, I'd clean with lacquer thinner a couple times before applying the glue.

One of my Ideal #1 lubesizers came with a soldering job (I thought?) or maybe JB weld? in that location...see the sizer on the left. Works great.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001