MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Harbor Freight 3 # tumbler ?

Harbor Freight 3 # tumbler ?

Anyone using one of these along with stainless steel to clean your brass ?
    How many 223 / 308 cases can be run at one time ?
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Boolit Master
    I use the dual drum model. 308 50-55 pieces, and 223 about 70-75. I use 1 pound of pins per drum, .3cc lee scoop of Lemoshine powder, and 1-2 cap-fulls of Armor-all wash, and wax car wash per drum. Full to about the top rim with brass, and to the top rim with water, close, and come back the next day to separate in a media separator, and rinse in cold water. My brass looks like new, and does not tarnish bad with age. Best way to go IMHO, and I stopped dry tumbling because I can do more with the double drum model than I could in a vibratory tumbler. Been doing it this way for a couple of years now with no issues.

Boolit Master
    I see they are on sale. I would go ahead and get the double drum one, and if you don't have enough brass to fill both drums you can put the empty one in it as well. You wont believe how black the water will come out every time you wet tumble. It works well to get rid of burs after trimming, and seems to get rid of burs in flash holes as well.

Boolit Master
    I have used one for about 5 years. It does a good job. However, it broke belts quite often, and was noisy. Now I use the Frankfort rotary wet tumbler and will not go back to the HF model. Frankfort is a higher priced, but when you consider there is 5# of pins with it, not a bad deal.

Boolit Master
    I have yet to break a belt, and the electric motor on mine is quieter than the brass and pins tumbling. Sound like you got a dud. The Franford might be a better but in the short run, but if they last as long as their vibrator tumblers I would not buy one. In fact that is why I stayed away from it when they introduced it.

Moderator Emeritus

My process is pretty much the same as xacex's. No problems with mine at all.

Boolit Master
    My luck to get a dud, as usual.

Boolit Grand Master

I think all factories save a dud to send me, just in case I order.
    Oh Yeah, and I regularly donate to raffles, knowing I couldn't win a rain drop in a thunder storm.
    I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

Boolit Master
    I had heard about the belt issue on some of the reviews, and felt like I was rolling the dice, but I could not be happier. Mine came with a few extra belts, but I have not had to use them. The tube on the rollers I noticed could slide up to the end causing the roller to slow down. I got some rubber cement under the tube on mine, and it doesn't do that anymore. May be a cause for burning belts and noise. I'm thinking of getting another one why they are on sale so I can do 4 calibers, or large batches at once.

Moderator Emeritus

Forgot about the tube moving. I just used electrical tape on the end and haven't had an issue since.

I have been using the dual drum model since May. I usually do about 100 45s per drum with 1 lb of media per drum. Works great with a little lemi-shine and a drop of Dawn. Mine came with extra belts as well but no signs of wear or any issues so far.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

COTEP CBOB0736

Boolit Bub
    I have not had good luck with numerous Harbor Freight products. Not tried the tumbler but I am not a fan of cheap Chinese imports

Boolit Bub
    I had one and used it for rocks. Anyhow I made sure the pulleys were lined up and the belts seemed to do ok. Also I would lube the friction points with silicone spray. Ran it a week at a time with no problems.

Boolit Bub
    I had one of the dry tumblers, only lasted about a month before it locked up. The Frankfort tumbler will be my first wet tumbler unless I make one out of PVC & a treadmill.
    NRA Lifetime Member

Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

my feedback thread;
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=dieselrealtor