Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger American Rifle - Ranch - 300 BlackOut

Boolit Master
    Anyone wanna buy an AR upper in 300BLK or a Rock Creek Barrel chambered in 300BLK? I think as soon as I can find one of these little jewels I'll ditch the AR 300blk. I would've rather had a bolt rifle all along, but the price to play was steeper for the Rem than I was willing to pay. This should be a great low rent cast boolit shooter.

Wonder if it can be had with the black stock instead of the FDE?

Boolit Master

Has any one seen one yet?

I think I am ready to get a 300 BO and this one is a real contender!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Mold
    I called my three lgs and none of their distributors had it in stock yet. None could give a solid release date either.

Quote Originally Posted by wlc View Post
    Anyone wanna buy an AR upper in 300BLK or a Rock Creek Barrel chambered in 300BLK? I think as soon as I can find one of these little jewels I'll ditch the AR 300blk. I would've rather had a bolt rifle all along, but the price to play was steeper for the Rem than I was willing to pay. This should be a great low rent cast boolit shooter.

Wonder if it can be had with the black stock instead of the FDE?
    I saw the rem700 sps at wal mart for $500 the other day. Maybe a clearance deal, not many folks in my area at the local wal mart would have any care for the cartridge.

Boolit Master
    Our WM hasn't had one of them. I haven't seen one in a LGS either so if I'd gone with the M700 it would've had to have been a special order. I'm hoping that these new Rugers will hit shelves soon. One of the LGS is a stocking dealer and we have a couple of other stores in the area that carry a lot of Ruger stuff, so I am hopeful that one in 300blk will makes its way up here.....

Boolit Bub
    check out the rifle by Advanced Armament before you buy

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    check out the rifle by Advanced Armament before you buy
    What's the cost? I'm assuming it's in the range of their uppers which means it's to high. The cost of this Ruger is one of the big selling points.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    What's the cost? I'm assuming it's in the range of their uppers which means it's to high. The cost of this Ruger is one of the big selling points.
    Usually $799, on sale at palmetto state armory for $599 right now. The AAC rifle is a branded Remington Model 7 with threaded barrel. They had their growing pains with extractors and feeding from the get go, I passed and I bought the 700. In all honesty I wish I'd bought a short action savage and done a light sporter build. The Remington 700SPS AAC is a heavy rifle to be so short and the Hogue over-mold stock looks good but has flex and sounds "hollow" and cheap, the rubberized texture sticks to every piece of clothing I've shot with, not sticky but too much grip.

Banned

i'll definitely get the ruger ranch in .300bo - i'm in no hurry and can wait 'til next spring or even summer.

Boolit Buddy
    Very intriguing. If it only had peep sights...

je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Anyone see any of these in the wild yet? Better yet, does anyone have one yet. I checked in at my LGS the other day and he can order me one when the Distributor gets them back in stock. IIRC my price would be right around $350.00. Whole gun cheaper than I built an AR upper for..... Hmmm, probably gonna get one.

Boolit Master

I emailed Ruger asking about the possibility of producing the American ranch in 300blk as a left handed model. They pretty much said "no way". I also asked about rebarreling a LH .223 American rifle in 300blk and they nixed that idea too.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    petroid , that's the same answer I got from them years ago when I asked for products they didn't want to make . Then , after enough time had passed that one of them thought of selling the same thing they brought it out . Just give them enough time to think of it on their own after all we have bull barrel 10/22 rifles now because of that .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master

I'll buy one of these as soon as I see one, to go with my .308. Will be a great youth rifle in supersonic mode and for me in subsonic mode.

Boolit Grand Master

I saw one listed on GunBroker so far but they didn't list the model number. And all the other listings have been for 223 versions. I'm starting to get upset w/ my dealer because he never calls me back when he says he will. This is the last firearm I will be buying for a long time. And I mean that this time......no really I do

Boolit Master

Last one? You mean last one this week right? Maybe this month?

Don't say things like that. It's a bad example for the rest of us.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by crawfobj View Post
    Last one? You mean last one this week right? Maybe this month?

Don't say things like that. It's a bad example for the rest of us.
    I ran a year end report and those cold hard numbers were quite staggering. I knew how much beforehand but when it's in the report I have to acknowledge it. Seven month old boy and we're trying for a second so when I say for a long time I mean it this time

Boolit Master
    For those of you interested in a bolt 300BO. At this time I am working on a Savage Axis 223 that I am re barreling to a 7TCU. But as soon as I am finished. I will be ordering another barrel in the 300. So I evenchually will have 3 barrels that I can fit on 1 action.
    Both of the new barrels will be Mc Millon's

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I ran a year end report and those cold hard numbers were quite staggering. I knew how much beforehand but when it's in the report I have to acknowledge it. Seven month old boy and we're trying for a second so when I say for a long time I mean it this time
    I hear ya. I wish i wasn't kidding on that comment. I just sold off a few toys. We're working toward an adoption, and the costs are unreal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast