MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's The Best .22 Rimfire Scope???

Boolit Master

What's The Best .22 Rimfire Scope???

Hi,
    Ok whats the best .22 scope that will work 100+ yards!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    What type of shooting are you going to use it for and what kind of gun will it be mounted in?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Highwall View Post
    What type of shooting are you going to use it for and what kind of gun will it be mounted in?
    Hi,
    Not to be flippant,but for shooting paper or plinking or hunting. For a bolt action or auto!

I don't want to get tied up in a specialty scope but one for all around use!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    if you shoot cheap 22 ammo, it does not matter how good a scope you buy. garbage in, garbage out. I stopped hunting with my 22 because they do not group as well as my 17HMR or any of my other rigs.

I use a cheap Tasco 4x32 ,have done for years and shoot up to 100yards. Ammo type is critical at 100 yds . If sighted in with std velocity ammo at 15yds it will shoot pretty much on to 75yds,give or take an inch or so and about 2.5inchs low at 100. Good ammo makes a difference in consistancy. I have had good results with CCI std.
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Grand Master

These are considered to be the "best" scopes made. Kind of pricy though!!!!!!!

http://www.usoptics.com/optics.html

http://marchscopes.com/

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/

If you want to go down in price and still have close to the "best" http://nightforceoptics.com/

For my rimfires I use mid-priced Leupolds or old T-series Weavers. They do everything I asked of them but they are far from the "best" scopes made.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Well...BEST..is subjective and most expensive may not be "best" for everyone! I admit the scopes you listed are out of MY ball park! I'm trying to set up a CZ 452 American as we speak! I have a Weaver 3x10x40 Tacticle to try out on it. I'm now turning some pillars for it and opened up the barrel channel to free float the barrel. We will see!

As was stated ammo is a big factor http://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-...mparison-test/

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    Ok whats the best .22 scope that will work 100+ yards!
    Most any modern scope will give resolution greater than the inherent accuracy of 22 rimfire much past 100yds.

I use a Leupold FX-1, 4x Rimfire on my Win M52 sporter and it seems to be a
    perfect match. The shop around price for those is usually in the 250.00 +/- range.

Boolit Master
    The best scope I have found for the money is the rimfire Weaver 3x9 with adjustable objective. You can occasionally find them on ebay for just under $200. There are better scopes but this one is a good compromise.
    East Tennessee

On Heaven's Range

I've been having excellent results by using the various "Muzzle-loader and Shotgun" scopes from a couple manufacturers.

Reasons:

-more durable than .22-specific scopes

-better field of view than most .22 sights (1" tubes help here)

-parallax-free setting at 75 yards (perfect for .22 RF in my book)

-good pricing, often under $100 for some models
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master
    You could look at a target scope for air rifles that have parallax adjustment and target knobs in something like a 3x-9x power.

http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/air-rifle-scopes.html

They can focus down to 10 meters/33 ft. and still be able to shoot 200 yards plus.

Boolit Master

you may wish to look over here for help too http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    you may wish to look over here for help too http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php
    Hi,
    Thanks fellas,good info all around and more options than I knew of! Oh yea, I'm all over Rim Fire Central but was wondering what people here thought!

Boolit Master
    One cheap scope I have is a Simmons 22Mag that is 3X-9X 32mm PA scope that I have mounted on a Marlin 39A that does not over power the rifle. It is clear and capable of focusing down to 7 meters and has a bar under the scope caps to adjust it so you do not need a tool. It is the only Simmons scope that I would buy and can be had for about $65.

Boolit Master
    One I can recommend is a Leupold 3-9 Compact EFR. The EFR let's you focus for the distance you are shooting at. And it is an excellent scope but pricey. I do have one on my Ruger 77/22 and am quite happy with it. I did have to get the extended rings to be able to mount it where it needed to be for eye relief.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Thought I would show a pic of my CZ LH 452 "American" with the Weaver Grand Slam 3X10X40 TAC on. I am waiting on a set of Burris Zee Rings to replace the ARMS#22 ring set that is now on there!

This scope is capable of focus at short ranges and may even be a little over kill for a .22,but it is what I have now and will use it just to see how the rifle shoots,

The guys over at RFC say you should have a decent scope with this rifle to get all it's got to get!

I use a new Weaver K-4 Classic and am very happy with it. I think it was around $150.00 and compliments the rifle well.

Boolit Master
    I have Leupold 3.5x10x EFR, 6.5x-20xEFR, Leupold MK4 8.5x25x, and Weaver T36 all with target knobs and a Shepherd 3.5x10x P-22 , Unertl and Lyman Super Target Spot for my better 22's. I also have scopes like the Simmons and Redfield on other 22's that are more for plinking.

The sights are an important part of the gun whether it is for plinking or serious target shooting.

It is not what you have, but how you use it, and most important that you have fun doing it!

Boolit Master

Try the Hawke IR 3X9 Rimfire scope. Sight it in for 50 yards and it has presets for 100, 150, 175 and 200 yards.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkIIO1QtAtA
    Dysfunctional Disturbed Disabled Debonair Navy Veteran
    Swift Boats, Vietnam, 1967-1968.

"You are never too old to learn something stupid."

Boolit Buddy
    I prefer Swarovski on my 22's for modern glass. No doubt over scoped but I watch the rounds go downrange at 50 and 100. 3-18x50, 30mm
    40x sporter

10/22

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast