Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lymes disease

There is a lot of information on this post. Maybe someone should write a book. Last Thursday and Friday were bad days, Saturday was a good day and Sunday I stayed in my recliner all day. You just don't know what kind of day you will have next. Here is a part I haven't told yet. My older sister contracted it when she lived outside of Boston. One day, to save money, her so called loving husband canceled her medical insurance. The next day he went out and got a full physical. When she got sick and had bad days, he would just say she was lazy and would not let her see a doctor. This went on for years until she collapsed from liver failure. She had a transplant that didn't take, so she had another. We buried her two years ago. She was the prettiest girl in school and she had the heart to go with it. He loved only himself and the Corvettes he had to own and drive on out of town trips alone.
    Sorry, I'm getting off track here. I miss her. My son n law is a doctor and he takes good care of both of us. My daughter said I spoiled him by teaching him about guns and Chevy. trucks. Maybe so. I couldn't find a better man for my daughter. We are partners in reloading and all that goes with it.
    I had better stop here, I'm getting a little emotional.
    Thank you all for your input on this, I'll get through it with all of you and to Lord on my side.
    shaper

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    A nephew contracted a Tick borne disease while in basic training in Kentucky. He was in a sealed quarantine room for months and it took a long time for him to recover fully. A number of recruits were infected that year.
    And I'll bet there were very few of those recruits that got bitten by a tick. Even if they were, KY is dog tick territory. Lots of stuff in the vaccines we're given in the military. Borrelia has the ability to take different forms, it isn't always a spirochete. Let's take something grown on eggs as an example. We know chickens are dirty and often infected with ticks and Lyme. So we get eggs from the dirty birds, dirty birds that we fed antibiotics, to grow the bacteria or viruses on. The antibiotics we gave the chickens have forced the spirochete to take on a mycoplasmal, cell wall deficient form. Then they are in the eggs. In the mycoplasmal form, they're small enough to infect the bacteria that's being grown for vaccine use. But we inactivate those bacteria. Maybe we do, maybe we don't. Even if formalin and or alcohol, both of which have been used for inactivation, kills the typhoid bacteria, it might not kill the Lyme mycoplasma living snuggly in the bacteria's cytoplasm. Once inside a new host via vaccination the Lyme mycoplasma can get out of the bacteria and infect the new host. It was in the 40s that inactivation of the typhoid bacteria changed from heat and formalin to alcohol alone, which doesn't do as good a job. Also, I mentioned above that the chickens were fed antibiotics. That means there's a good chance that the microvermin still alive in that witches brew called a vaccine are antibiotic resistant. In the past, I had no choice about vaccination, either the school system or the AF made me get them, but now if anyone comes at me with a vaccine, I'm going to inject them with lead! I don't care if they say I'll die without the vaccine! Been a rotten life living with this stuff since childhood anyway. I should mention something here, I don't have the same blood type as many Americans, I'm type B, less that 3% of the US population. My dad, who has been ravaged by the first year's production of the Salk vaccine has even rarer type AB. Yesterday's health headlines says they are 84% more likely to develop Alzheimers.

Presently, the majority of tests depend on the presence of antibodies to borrelia, but over time, the production of antibodies is shut down. Age effects that too, I just found some old 1960s research on SV40 in India, where the virus lives naturally in monkeys. People there often have antibodies to SV40, but the older they are, the less antibodies they make.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    This is the Disease my Nephew contracted
    How important is Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) in Kentucky?

Rocky Mountain spotted fever has not received the media attention of Lyme disease, but is potentially more deadly. Each year there are roughly 10-30 reported cases of RMSF in Kentucky. (there were 31 reported cases in 1991). Although RMSF can be successfully treated with antibiotics, medical experts estimate that without treatment, 20% of those infected could die.

In Kentucky, the primary vector of RMSF is the American dog tick, although lone star ticks may also transmit the pathogen (a rickettsia). Symptoms of RMSF are flu-like, accompanied by headaches and a very high fever (104-106 degrees F) two to twelve days after being bitten by a tick. The most characteristic symptom of RMSF is a rash that appears on about the second to fifth day on the wrists and ankles, later spreading to other parts of the body. In most cases, the tick must be attached for at least a day for infection to occur.

Not something one runs into often in KY, which isn't very far from me! I see KY does have Lone Star ticks, which are a vector of RMSF. Least you can tell when you have that, Lyme is what's known as a stealth pathogen, sneaks up on you, especially in my area where we have few competent Drs. Bunch of pill pushers for the drug companies. I had to go clear to Cincinnati to find a LLMD. Because I've had it so long, the tests were negative, but she diagnosed me based on things like my big knobby joints and things I had experienced in the past. It is getting better, joints don't snap and pop anymore and I had that from jr high until about a year ago.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 09-15-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    Will send prayers your way. All will get better and you'll be back stronger then ever.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    Not something one runs into often in KY, which isn't very far from me! I see KY does have Lone Star ticks, which are a vector of RMSF. Least you can tell when you have that, Lyme is what's known as a stealth pathogen, sneaks up on you, especially in my area where we have few competent Drs. Bunch of pill pushers for the drug companies. I had to go clear to Cincinnati to find a LLMD. Because I've had it so long, the tests were negative, but she diagnosed me based on things like my big knobby joints and things I had experienced in the past. It is getting better, joints don't snap and pop anymore and I had that from jr high until about a year ago.
    Don't kid yourself. My wife got RMSF and had no rash or spots, The CDC confirmed RMSF only after she had almost died and had recovered. If we waited for confirmation before treatment she would have died. I twisted the Dr. arm to treat for RMSF because I was bitten by ticks on the camping trip and even though we never found one on her it seemed like a possibility since RSMF had been reported in that area of TN. They were treating her with the wrong antibiotics, doing a spinal tap to test for meningitis. She was delirious and delusional. No spots, no rash, no bite mark but the CDC blood test came back positive for RMSF.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Wow! You guys got me checking out RMSF now! It is here in Ohio! I have found that the brown dog tick can be a vector, and like dt has indicated, there's not always a rash. I would hazard to guess that the bacteria that causes RMSF doesn't always get the upper hand in the constant war for turf that is going on inside us. A war between a variety of infectious agents that's somewhat refereed by our immune systems. I never had a rash, unless it was one of the times I supposedly had measles when young. Very thought provoking, more research is in order. Thanks gents, I needed something to do.

OP, in time, the nasty feeling you get with the ABX will subside. I didn't like that either and went the herbal route to get away from it. I live in the middle of many acres of woods where some very effective herbs grow.

Ticks, uck! Last year about this time I walked through a reclaimed strip mine. Nice field now that is frequented by deer and wild turkeys. I walked no more than 1/2 mile and picked a couple dozen off that got on my clothes.

-Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Emeritus

I was scouting camping spot for the girl scouts with my dad. Nice field of grass next to the river they were canoeing. When we got back to the car we both stripped, over 100 ticks each that day. No we did not mark it as a campsite!

Perma-Banned

Will add you to my prayer list and hope you see improvement soon.

I have been reading this thread to Miss Barbie over the phone. ICK!

Ticks! ick!

Boolit Master
    Colloidal silver has also been shown to greatly help the body fight off the Lyme disease and heal itself, along with iodine. Both are cheap and readily available off Amazon

Moderator Emeritus

Hate ticks, find one and then have the creepy crawlies all night like they are all over your body...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123