Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Vouge to claim sexual abuse

Boolit Master

Vouge to claim sexual abuse

What gives me pause is the number of celebrities claiming to be molested. Seems to be publicity driven.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master
    Monkey see monkey do. Can't let someone else out do them.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Seems like typical pit material
    Life's hard, even harder if your stupid.

Boolit Master

What or who is a Vouge???

Google doesn't know.
    Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Perma-Banned
    try vogue instead of vogue.

Boolit Master
    I might be sympathetic of they didn't act like a bunch of idiots to begin with. Half of them try to show as much skin as they can without getting arrested, now they're victims?
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

I'm just trying to understand.

A magazine is trying to claim sexual abuse????

Is there a link?

Boolit Grand Master

Unfortunately, sexually abuse is rather common. I'd hope someone would not lie or embellish about being abused as that is just as sick as the act itself (if not more so).
    Last edited by osteodoc08; 09-12-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    Unfortunately, sexually abuse is rather common. I'd hope someone would not lie or embellish about being abused as that is just as sick as the act itself (if not more so).
    Agree entirely. The difference is now people are able to speak up and have someone listen whereas before it was all hush, hush. The Pope is sitting a good example.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master
    I'm with 762 shooter, last I heard vogue was a magazine. Apparently it is now some self proclaimed entertainer? Is it male, female or other?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    Vogue just means a popular thing. Stupid tablet misspelled.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master
    Yes, it is en vogue to admit to having been abused. The point is to reduce the stigma so people who are abused will report their abusers. The amount of abuse that does not get reported is claimed to be very large. Reporting abuse needs to be timely, if it is not reported immediately it is often not actionable and evidence and clear recall are lost.

Yes, some of the recent revelations by celebrities may be for selfish reason but it is for a good cause. There are perverts out there getting away with much evil because the victims fear reporting their abuse or don't really know how to deal with their abuse.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Now I get it.

Well Allrightythen....Who cares...besides Me?

Boolit Master
    Odds are that a significant number of members here were abused and did not report it and don't want to talk about it. Sexual abuse is not the only kind either. In my high school a kid killed his Dad in the wood shed with an axe because he was not going to take another beating. I can only speculate that it was a beating, the details of his motives were not public but no charges were filed against the kid. My step daughter and my adopted daughter and their mother told me (and therapists) they were abused by the adopted daughter's father. The abuse they claimed were not the most heinous sort but still criminal and sometimes of a sexual nature.

I hope we all care about getting the pervs behind bars but we still need to avoid false accusations. This is why reporting needs to be immediate and accurate so the accused can mount a defense if not guilty.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Grand Master

As a rule I could care less what actors, athletes and other entertainers think or say outside of their area of expertise but if it reduces the stigma and pain for abuse victims it's a good thing, IMHO. Other motives for revealing they were victims are hard to understand but I guess anything's possible.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Odds are that a significant number of members here were abused and did not report it and don't want to talk about it. Sexual abuse is not the only kind either. In my high school a kid killed his Dad in the wood shed with an axe because he was not going to take another beating. I can only speculate that it was a beating, the details of his motives were not public but no charges were filed against the kid. My step daughter and my adopted daughter and their mother told me (and therapists) they were abused by the adopted daughter's father. The abuse they claimed were not the most heinous sort but still criminal and sometimes of a sexual nature.
    Tim
    It's a different world today. Doctors, teachers, neighbors, even a complete stranger with a cell phone will make a report first and ask questions later. By the time each of my children turned 12 years old teachers at the school had trained their classes in how to collect evidence and make a report to school officials. That was, and still is, absolutely fine by me.
    When I was in school during the 60's and 70's no one taught us, because NO ONE wanted to get involved. I wish I could say today's world is better, but I can't. We as a society simply cannot find the happy medium. Either we let child molesters walk free, or send all the good folks at the child care center to jail for 15 years so that the prosecutor can establish their bona fides before running for office.
    I wish there was an answer.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill