RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: .17 HMR NEF Sportster

Boolit Master

.17 HMR NEF Sportster

I went into a pawnshop today and found a .17HMR, for just over the price of the scope that is mounted on it. Didn't have the full amount so put it on layaway and should get it within the next month or so. The rifle is a NEF with a black plastic stock and a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope. It has a couple spots of very light surface rust, but the bore looks great. I haven't had a rifle in .17 HMR before, and this is also my first NEF/H&R rimfire. Is there anything I need to keep in mind that is different from the center-fire H&Rs, or anything specific to the .17HMR (rifle or caliber)? Thanks everyone.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Buddy
    My absolute favorite varmint caliber. Coons to yotes it is very effective. Ammo runs about 12 per 50 and is a little dirty. I shoot it in a contender super 14 pistol and love it. At a hundred yards its a quarter size ragged hole...with no wind anyway. There won't be a difference between the cf and rf that you will have to worry about. You will love the caliber

Boolit Grand Master
    Lonegun1894,
    That little rifle is a dream to shoot. Mine is far more accurate than I am. Keep it clean and shoot a dry bore. (Just dry patch it before use.) I store it with Kroil in the bore and dry patch before use. Seems the Kroil cleans it after a period after I do my normal cleaning. I usually get DRT performance on all the woodchucks I shoot. Almost never get an exit wound. You'll love it.