Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication

Thread: W I D E boot suggestions

W I D E boot suggestions

I wear a 10 4E boot and have a heck of a time finding them. I want to find a comfy pair of boots with a really thick removable liner. My feet sweat even when they are freezing so I have to be able to pull the liners out and let them dry. So does anyone else with really wide feet have a boot they can suggest please?
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Master
    I normally wear a 10EE, but a few years back I purchased a pair of Sorel boots and had to get 12's just to be able to get my foot in, with just one pair of regular socks on. Now the insulation has packed down a bit, and I wear one pair of thin polypropylene socks and a heavier wool blend. I have never tried to remove the felt liners. This may sound funny, but if your feet sweat, you need better head covering. I wear a fleece face mask, and a knit hat over that.

Boolit Buddy
    I too suffer from Flintstone feet, its very hard to find good boots that fit right. Last pair I wore out were Belleville all leather
    gore tex boots, allegedly turned down by the USMC. They were super comfy and dry, but too well insulated , I always got sweaty feet...
    AR15 goes bang, AK47 goes bang, Mosin goes boom...

Banned
    I'm in the same Flintstone Foot club. If you're not interested in Gore-Tex and insulation, Altma Boots can be found in super extra wide. For me they work better than a lot of other brands and seem to be wider in the front without being huge in the back, something a lot of other brands can't quite pull off. Unfortunately, they don't come waterproof.

A prior poster suggested Belleville and I've had good luck with those as well.
    On more than one occasion I've purchased boots that fit length wise and driven a foot shaped wooden block into the toe of the boot to stretch it out. Soaking the boot in water with the block in place does the trick. I wouldn't recommend it with expensive boots, there's no taking them back to the store after that abuse but I've actually had good luck with it !
    The great thing about leather is once you get it broken in, it fits like a glove. It's those first few days that suck !

Boolit Bub
    Belleville, under their "Tactical Research" line makes the Mini Mil.
    It's a minimalist style boot with no raised heel and a flat insole. The boot is also shaped like a foot. The forefoot is wide and the heel/ankle area is narrower. They might take some getting used to, but they are the hot ticket for letting your feet act like feet, instead of molding them into an uncomfortable shoe shape.

Boolit Master
    My feet are wide also and Irish Setter used to have nice wide boots, alittle expensive though.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master

Carolina brand. Good fit and upto 4E.

Boolit Master
    Redwing. Get the American made stuff. You can get them in size H. I believe that's 6E.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    I need an 11 eeee to get my foot in. I wear Redwings at work.

Boolit Buddy
    My Dad said my feet were so wide that I wore a size 2 and a half, 2 cowhides and a half of barrel of tacks...…………………..Curdog

Boolit Master
    Rocky boots is what I have, altho I've been looking at the L.L.Bean Maine hunting boot....I just don't want to order one that's too narrow...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    I had a pair made by Limmer, but have since found that wide Danner boots are sufficient for my 10EEE.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    16 or 17 EEE or so here usually. Pretty tough to find boots, period - Doable but it resembles WORK. Afraid I don't remember the current brand but I can find it tomorrow.

Update: I have found Rockport Works safety toe boots very comfortable. Still looking for the perfect soft toe.
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Quote Originally Posted by KLR View Post
    Redwing. Get the American made stuff. You can get them in size H. I believe that's 6E.
    This is my answer too .
    I also second the Irish Setters .
    Also spend the extra $10-20 and get the USA made boot .

Neither have a removable liner but the lined boots , and I won't but another pair that isn't , do wick and dry quickly and keep my feet pretty dry . They did the jobe you're asking in the Nevada 95-105° summers pounding 140° concrete and in 130° van trailers and so far have kept my feet dry here in the green hell of AR . One day last week it was 82° at 5:00 pm and the tile floor was sweating . As a matter of fact last summer here there were several days I was soaked collar to cuffs and the only comfortable part of me was my feet . Of course they were damp too but how are you going to keep your feet dry when your shirt and pants are sweat soaked to the point of being able to wring water out . The boots were cool but touch dry inside in a couple of hours and neutral temp dry by rise and shine .
    The all leather boots I wore 4/10s for 3+ yr @ 42-45 weeks . Sole wear was the reason for replacement in most cases but Red Wing at least the Reno store would send them out for resole for I think about $70 . That seems like a lot but for a $230 safety shoe that fits like a second skin and will take a 4000# capacity fork lift running over toe cap , not a test I recommend once much less twice with your foot in the boot .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Look at Zappos IIRC

Banned
    The problem I find is offshore made boots are never wide enough I got a worn out pair of redwings they have to be 25 years old and if I have some stuff to do in the back wood lot they go on before my shirt does.

Boolit Master
    skellerup ashley laceup rubber gumboots are the answer to your prayers on this one..... plenty wide enough,you can add innersole...and as for the sweaty feet thing..I wear the steel toe version all day long at work,trick is to have two pairs and switch them around every few days so one pair can air out/dry out while other pair is worn. plenty of grip ,ideal for stalking along quietly...if you wear gaiters over top they will last for at least a season or two of hard usage...if wearing in wet conditions,boots ,gaiters over top then long pants over top of gaiters...WHAT THE HECK????I hear you say...... water runs down the trousers and outside the boots gaiters and down to ground instead of into your socks....

john bull also make a wider boot. both good New Zealand boots.