WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CVA .32 cal. Squirrel Rifle

Boolit Buddy
    Still haven't finished my .32 CVA kit. Got a little work done on it and got sidetracked putting my T Bird back together. Bought a factory build CVA .36 Squirrel rifle on GB last week. Looking foreword to trying it out when it gets here.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a pre-warning .36 cal Seneca that doesn't have a mark on it and I absolutely love it. It may be my favorite rifle, even over my custom barreled .54. Squirrel rifles are a LOT of fun to shoot. They are cheap to shoot, and and very accurate. I picked it, a .54 T/C Hawken, and a T/C New Englander 12ga up at an estate auction last summer. I gave $65 for the Seneca, $105 for the Hawken, and $80 for the 12ga.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jjarrell View Post
    I have a pre-warning .36 cal Seneca that doesn't have a mark on it and I absolutely love it. It may be my favorite rifle, even over my custom barreled .54. Squirrel rifles are a LOT of fun to shoot. They are cheap to shoot, and and very accurate. I picked it, a .54 T/C Hawken, and a T/C New Englander 12ga up at an estate auction last summer. I gave $65 for the Seneca, $105 for the Hawken, and $80 for the 12ga.
    go on, rub it in! lol! congrats! excellent luck and great finds!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jjarrell View Post
    We all hate guys like you. Kee-riminetly!

Boolit Master
    Old thread but still a nice read do to being interesting.
    I don't have much use for a 32. Where I hunt (far Northland) there are only annoying red squirrel that are not at all eatable.
    To bad we all suffer with the same syndrome (procrastination) I can't count how many times I've lost out on a firearm purchase do to a stall in pulling out my Visa card.. Last one was a near looking 35 Marlin for 650. (still bummed over that overnight foolish move of mine)

I didn't see where anyone commented the little 32 CVA's barrel twist? Kinda curious now as to what it is?
    If I were to purchase such a 32 side-lock no doubt I would be on the scout for a T/C 32 maxi mold. (if the twist rate was appropriate for the shooting of)
    Oh well. One thing is certain since there were many CVA 32's made your very likely to see another for-sale in your lifetime OP.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Track of the Wolf has a .32 Maxi mould.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I bought a kit many moons ago, a .32 flintlock. I left the barrel in the white, allowing the humidity here in Alabama to lightly brown the barrel. As I have a much longer LOP I added a shotgun recoil pad. Yes, it was out of place but worked. I probably shot it less than fifty times as the frizzen wasn't hardened properly and seldom sparked. I took it into a newly opened curio shop and the owner quickly told me that she knew firearms and what I had was a very old and well maintained rifle, and proceeded to offer me twice what I paid for it and the powder horn. Fool that I am, I took it!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Quote Originally Posted by OverMax View Post
    Old thread but still a nice read do to being interesting.
    I don't have much use for a 32. Where I hunt (far Northland) there are only annoying red squirrel that are not at all eatable.
    To bad we all suffer with the same syndrome (procrastination) I can't count how many times I've lost out on a firearm purchase do to a stall in pulling out my Visa card.. Last one was a near looking 35 Marlin for 650. (still bummed over that overnight foolish move of mine)

I didn't see where anyone commented the little 32 CVA's barrel twist? Kinda curious now as to what it is?
    If I were to purchase such a 32 side-lock no doubt I would be on the scout for a T/C 32 maxi mold. (if the twist rate was appropriate for the shooting of)
    Oh well. One thing is certain since there were many CVA 32's made your very likely to see another for-sale in your lifetime OP.
    UPS just delivered a Traditions Crocket .32 cal from MidwayUSA. Barrel twist is 1 in 48. But not sure what the CVA was.

If anyone is looking for a .32 cal muzzleloader, they should check out the crocket. Awesome shooting gun, and the fit/finish is awesome too!

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

Boolit Master

Your cat looks fake!

Banned
    When I was looking for a small bore muzzleloader I was this close to buying a Crockett.

But on another forum I found a guy selling an unfired .36 cal percussion rifle made by Wilderness Rifle Works in the 80's. I bought it.

Small bore blackpowder rifles are so much fun they should be illegal. Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    Your cat looks fake!
    I figured there was probably a forum rule against blood and guts (and brains) in pics. There are 3 squirrels under that cat.

Boolit Master
    Where is this crockett made?

Boolit Master
    I had one problem with my Crockett that someone on a forum somewhere solved for me. The inside of the hammer was catching on the top of the lock plate. A little work with a stone in the Dremel cleaned up that problem. It is one honking accurate little rifle. Would be good for things up to the size of a racoon inside of 50 yds. or so. I just passed up a good deal on a CVA on GB. Kind of figured I already have a great little.32. Funny, that's never stopped me before!

Boolit Master

Well some of us have to accept that we only have 3 Senecas, 2 Cherokees got them a long time ago.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    Where is this crockett made?
    Mine says made in Spain

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shdwlkr View Post
    Well some of us have to accept that we only have 3 Senecas, 2 Cherokees got them a long time ago.
    Yes Stu, we know you have those .32 issues. It's ok though, we all have those crosses we bear. Not me but most others.
    Last edited by Newtire; 02-27-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Newtire View Post
    I had one problem with my Crockett that someone on a forum somewhere solved for me. The inside of the hammer was catching on the top of the lock plate. A little work with a stone in the Dremel cleaned up that problem. It is one honking accurate little rifle. Would be good for things up to the size of a racoon inside of 50 yds. or so. I just passed up a good deal on a CVA on GB. Kind of figured I already have a great little.32. Funny, that's never stopped me before!
    It was me on this forum and I had the same problem with the hammer stop on the lock plate. It is an easy fix though.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fishingsetx View Post
    I figured there was probably a forum rule against blood and guts (and brains) in pics. There are 3 squirrels under that cat.

A very resourceful use of graphics! Not sure of any rules related to game animals though. I would guess use your discretion.

Boolit Master

Newtire
    must be part of being an old grump and few things excite us anymore ha ha
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Grand Master

Does the Crockett have a full size stock or a child stock? For that matter, does anyone make a child's muzzleloader?
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast